advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to City in a tricky away fixture against a disciplined, organised and dangerous West Ham, in a really entertaining game, brightened by the raw talent, trickery and pace of Jeremy Doku, City's new winger, who was a constant threat. I thought Akanji had a good game, as did Rodri and Alvarez. West Ham look like a continually improving team. Well done to Brighton, once again, with their hugely impressive manager and beautiful playing style.

Last edited:
I've just watched the MOTD highlights of the United Brighton game and while Rashford looked unplayable at times, Brighton soon worked out how to play through united's midfield and get round the back of the full backs. Brighton should of scored more than 3 goals.

A good win in the CL with Rodri and Alvarez especially good. Sergio Gomez delivered a number of goalscoring opportunities that weren't taken, and that's a shame because Sergio is a talented player who deserved some assists.
City's injury list is a growing one, of key players, and we have a very difficult month coming with lots of games against good teams - Leipzig, Arsenal, Brighton and Manchester United. Bernardo Silva is now out, and adds to a list featuring DeBruyne, John Stones, Jack Grealish and Meteo Kovacic - key players and influences on the team. Though our squad is strong, it is small on numbers and this could be a very tricky period.

F6bPk6saMAAJsYF

I tried to reduce the size of the image but couldn't. Anyway, taking that group of players from this list does leave the squad short on numbers. Glad for points in the bank.

Not very often I watch a live game other than The Boro but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the first half of Arsenal v Spurs, possibly the save of the season from Raya.

Cheers BB

Second half was just as good, really could have gone either way. Listening to the Skunks giving the Blades a lesson whilst I could dinner.

Cheers BB

I was taken ill on holiday in Portugal the week before last. Had a horrendous journey home and spent all of the last week in agonising recovery. That was n the expectation that i would at least be able to to at get out of bed to enjoy the football on Sunday.

That i achieved, only to be presented with our worst defeat since 1933. That said, after the week the club has had it is a minor issue.

Well done Villa but what's happening at Chelsea?
I was at the game yesterday and up until the sending off it was a decent match with good chances for both sides that weren't taken.
The red card finished the match as a level contest and Villa naturally took full advantage.
There's no magic solution to Chelsea's problems which are a combination of the club having been badly mismanaged since the change of ownership and a number of injuries to key players.
Patience is what is required and I'm confident Chelsea will show significant improvement but that may not become evident until the new year.
Fortunately there are at least 3 sides worse than them in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back