advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
@oldius I seriously don't know why we have to play all these international games, why are we playing 'friendlies' mid season? I know we read complaints from managers and I can fully understand their point of view.

The game, including internationals, is based on money. It is that simple, and there are things to dislike about it whether you are a club or international fan, or both: change of fixtures, for example; Friday night 8pm kick-offs.

Best ever? I don't think this will ever be beaten. Would have been goal of the season if he'd been on the attacking side! And it sent City down and kept QPR up.

'He's one of own', thank god he wasn't playing for Boro when he scored that Beauty! Jamie Pollack is the archetypal player who 'let himself go' when he finished playing.

Cheers BB

Best ever? I don't think this will ever be beaten. Would have been goal of the season if he'd been on the attacking side! And it sent City down and kept QPR up.

It didn't send City down. It meant that their fate was not in their own hands.
In the next match other results sent City down despite City winning 5-2 at Stoke.

It’s like Gaza’s against Scotland except Pollock scored it at the wrong end. From Wikki:

The own goal condemned Manchester City to relegation to the third tier for the first time, whilst keeping QPR in the division. As a result, a group of QPR fans thanked him by voting him the "most influential man of the past 2,000 years" in an internet poll, where "Jesus came second, apparently."
Wikki is wrong.

Wikki is wrong.

Sure but it remains an outstanding own goal. Must be a Man C thing because I remember Richard Dunne excelled in the OG area which is remarkable given most of his time was spent in an empty dressing room, again from Wikki:

Dunne holds the joint Premier League record of being sent off – eight times along with Patrick Vieira and Duncan Ferguson.[3] He also holds the Premier League record of scoring ten own goals. :)

The England U21 team currently playing Luxembourg has 7 players that came through the Man City academy, 9 in total in the squad.

I'd join in the booing of the anthem and I'm an England supporter! It's offensive.

There have been campaigns to change it to Jerusalem but then angain, even if it was changed to the Sex Pistols version of God Save the Queen, I am sure the Scottish football fans would disrespect it. From memory, I don’t think their rugby fans boo it.

Congratulations to Everton on attracting new owners, as a Liverpool fan I'd genuinely welcome some decent local competition rather than dread every derby match on account of their usual alehouse football accompanied by bitter leg breaking tackles. Whatever you read about 777 I'm sure they'll breeze through the fit and proper process. If I was a bluenose, never mind 777 I'd be calling 999.

Manure fans chanting 'we want our ball back' and well they might - comprehensively beaten by an excellent Brighton side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back