advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiet here tonight….think the premiership is already done and dusted! o_O More importantly Wycombe got a gritty away win against Northampton, happy to take the points!

Ferguson - Bloody hell!!!!

To be honest having watched him a couple of times at the end of last season, I'm a little surprised Brighton weren't inundated with offers for him. I wonder how long they can resist £100+ million. I guess yesterdays performance will have added £20 million more to his price tag.

Probably time for VAR to be scrapped after yesterdays performance at the Etihad - we’ve had titles decided by armpit and toenail offsides together with handballs not spotted and then yesterday happens - dreadful officials

Quiet here tonight….think the premiership is already done and dusted! o_O More importantly Wycombe got a gritty away win against Northampton, happy to take the points!
Just very predictable with the obscene amounts of money in the game

I dropped him from my FF squad for underperforming - guess I need some coaching lol?

It was a shocking decision, as soon as it went in I said that one won’t count. I remember getting a decision like that against us last season. VAR is rubbish, if you can’t tell it’s offside without five minutes drawing lines on the pitch, it’s not offside. Along with the rules on additional time the game is being ruined. I preferred being able to celebrate, not having to wait ages to see if someone miles away agreed it was a goal. Let officials officiate.

The only thing is though, over the season I think most teams get the benefit of a dodgy decision or two.

Probably time for VAR to be scrapped after yesterdays performance at the Etihad - we’ve had titles decided by armpit and toenail offsides together with handballs not spotted and then yesterday happens - dreadful officials

The first half of Manchester City's game was filled with appalling refereeing. Given we had the ball for the vast majority of the game, in the first half we were constantly penalised for fouling, a foul ratio of 4:1. I suspect the ridiculous goal given was because someone had a word about redressing the balance. Whatever, the goal should not have stood, IMO, but I have not heard any official explanation about why it did.

Once a tactical switch was made, pushing Walker further forward and allowing Foden to be more influential, the game was over. This form will carry him to being one of the world's best, because his combination of technical skill, speed and football brain is very rare. Good performances from Erling, Alvarez and Phil. Some promise from new signing, Jeremy Doku, and good cameos from Kalvin Phillips and the supremely talented Oscar Bobb, who was the academy player of the season for two consecutive years before his promotion to the first-team, this year.

It was a dreadful error, but let’s not get carried away. The score was 5 - 1. The result did not depend on the mistake.

Foden was amazing, Alvarez and Rodri weren’t firing properly. Garcia and Bob came on and showed why perhaps we weren’t too bothered about Cole Palmer. Bob was fantastic.

Foden was amazing, Alvarez and Rodri weren’t firing properly. Garcia and Bob came on and showed why perhaps we weren’t too bothered about Cole Palmer. Bob was fantastic.

I assume that you mean Sergio Gomez. He is one of the most highly rated young players in the game, and scintillating in the recent U21 tournament, but he has generally appeared as a LB for us, which is not his position. I hope that the purchase of Gvardiol allows Sergio to compete with Grealish for the LW slot, as they offer something very different from each other.

I assume that you mean Sergio Gomez. He is one of the most highly rated young players in the game, and scintillating in the recent U21 tournament, but he has generally appeared as a LB for us, which is not his position. I hope that the purchase of Gvardiol allows Sergio to compete with Grealish for the LW slot, as they offer something very different from each other.

I do indeed!

It was a dreadful error, but let’s not get carried away. The score was 5 - 1. The result did not depend on the mistake.

It happened at 1-1 Bob, Fulham lose their heads it becomes 5-1. I’m not denying City would have won the game but it might have been closer. What if City win the title on goal difference?

Anyway it was an absolute shocker, hard to understand how they can get it so wrong but the average punter can call it correctly straight away.

Cheers BB

It happened at 1-1 Bob, Fulham lose their heads it becomes 5-1. I’m not denying City would have won the game but it might have been closer. What if City win the title on goal difference?

Anyway it was an absolute shocker, hard to understand how they can get it so wrong but the average punter can call it correctly straight away.

Cheers BB
Lose their heads?
Get out of here.
They were just well beaten by a far better side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back