advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus Partey at rightback, baffling.
I'm not a fan of Partey at right back but can see that it's all about having inverted full backs, which are all the rage at the mo, ie, first chance you get they become additional midfielders, which is Parteys natural position.

Had Timber not been injured I don't think arteta would be doing this.

I'm also not sold on Havertz, but don't see how he has cost Arsenal points. The draw against Fulham was due to uncharacteristic defensive errors (sakas and zinchenkos misplaced passes) and a slightly lucky finish - the scuffed shot to Ramsdales right was clearly intended as a chip over him into the top right of the goal.

Otherwise the attack fared pretty well- plenty of chances created, shots taken (with high xg) and two goals scored. Normally enough to win any match.

A good win for City at a resolute and organised Sheffield United. Rodri must have a shout at being the world's best current player - treble winner, CL player of the year, Nations League player of the year, and continually dominant in the PL. He is a hugely effective player and though he didn't have the best game yesterday, he scored the winning goal. Kovacic continues to impress alongside him and Gvardiol very accomplished and highly technical with the ball. I am looking forward to seeing Doku and, hopefully, the completion of the Nunes signing this week.

Chelsea haven’t bought anyone all day. What’s going on?
Well - we have won one in a row so I expect Todd thinks it's job done.
It's true we've overpaid for some players but Jackson at circa 30 mill looks an absolute steal - I'm tempted to say he may prove to be the signing of the summer but I don't want to come across like a Liverpool fan.:)
I'm attending the next 2 games so I fully expect us to extend our impressive unbeaten run.;)

This guys looks like a hell of a pickup for us and bonus of being under 25. With our start and the additions that we've made I am guardedly optimistic for a really good season!
Tim Steidten our new director of football really is the best signing the club has made for years - His reputation as being one of the very best looks like its paying dividends.
Kudus has been quoted as saying it was Steidten who 'sold the club' and convinced him to join us.

Tim Steidten our new director of football really is the best signing the club has made for years - His reputation as being one of the very best looks like its paying dividends.
Kudus has been quoted as saying it was Steidten who 'sold the club' and convinced him to join us.

Given I had heard he and Moyes were not working well together at the beginning of the window that is great to hear!

Given I had heard he and Moyes were not working well together at the beginning of the window that is great to hear!
Yes that was the rumour wasn't it?
Steidten seems to be able to get on with his business though so hopefully all's well.

As far as Moyes and his playing style goes, it is a hard watch at times but if it is getting results, I'll gladly eat a large slice of humble pie!

Lukaku leaves Chelsea

53155096666_2b0cb603cb_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back