advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which club do you support as the posts I have seen from you largely relate to City?
Bradford City.

Born in Thackley, close to Idle, where the Wharfedale factory was (before it moved to Crossgates). Was their Marketing Controller in the 80's and then ran Jamo UK.

Not that any of that matters.

I hope you get off with the cheating by the way. Your fan base craves acceptance and you'll never get it. You're just a fuggin' doped club. Could have been Hull, could have been Stoke.

There's nothing special in Manchester City's history, you've not earned anything. You're just a Government Outreach Project.

You ran the ball into the corner in 1996 you dopes 🤦‍♂️

2039.jpg

And then the doping started.

I hope you get off with the cheating by the way. Your fan base craves acceptance and you'll never get it. You're just a fuggin' doped club. Could have been Hull, could have been Stoke.
Don't you mean found not guilty? Or are you Trumping?
And neither Hull nor Stoke had bigger crowds than half the first division despite being in the second division.

Bradford City.

Born in Thackley, close to Idle, where the Wharfedale factory was (before it moved to Crossgates). Was their Marketing Controller in the 80's and then ran Jamo UK.

Not that any of that matters.

There's nothing special in Manchester City's history, you've not earned anything. You're just a Government Outreach Project.

You ran the ball into the corner in 1996 you dopes 🤦‍♂️

2039.jpg

And then the doping started.
You seem a very angry individual and I cannot help but feel for you. I hope you are okay.

Like all fans, we love our clubs. Each of the histories of our clubs is as important to us as anyone else's. Mine is tied up in memories of the Moss Side I was born in, and of wandering to the ground with my grandad amid a stream of sky-blue and the smell of hot-dogs in the air. History is not measured in trophies, it is measured in truths and memories and connections. I have loads of them, and I wouldn't change that history for anyone else's. And when I had reached 43, and I had never seen us win the league, I spoke of the players I had grown with, the characters in our fanbase, and of the great games I had seen.

Kompany confirmed at Bayern and, apparently, Maresca is a done deal to Chelsea; Pep's influence is as strong as hell!

"Manchester City are the most followed team in the United States. New US TV figures has revealed a four per cent increase for Premier League audiences. The average Prem viewership is 546,000. City account for six out of ten of the highest viewed matches. A US record 2.6m tuned in to see City host Arsenal. City v Newcastle, City v Chelsea and City v West Ham, underline the market share. Americans do back a winner, but City feel their regular tours across the Pond has attracted a considerable market share of supporters aged 11-26 and in the Hispanic communities..."

I was at Heysel, I'm lost for words to describe just what an awful tragedy it was and I still don't find it easy to talk about what happened that night.
I'm sure the family and friends of the deceased and others affected would not want their loved ones names used by trolls who in reality are snidely attacking a team they don't like rather than expressing any genuine respect for those who lost their lives.

"Manchester City are the most followed team in the United States. New US TV figures has revealed a four per cent increase for Premier League audiences. The average Prem viewership is 546,000. City account for six out of ten of the highest viewed matches. A US record 2.6m tuned in to see City host Arsenal. City v Newcastle, City v Chelsea and City v West Ham, underline the market share. Americans do back a winner, but City feel their regular tours across the Pond has attracted a considerable market share of supporters aged 11-26 and in the Hispanic communities..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back