advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where would you play Palmer?
He'd be on the bench to start with. I'd be more aggressive than Southgate with my team selections, players not performing to a standard would be dropped, so Palmer would get his chance I'm sure. There will always be players like that, prime example Jimmy Greaves.

We don't have a lot of fit and in form Centre Halves. We have attacking players in much better form than Rashford.
I reckon that if they struggle to break teams down (as usual) then he'll be blamed for that one, nothing else will matter.

BTW hasn't Ellis Simms scored the most goals in 2024 including goals against Wolves and ManU (in front of Southgate.) I wouldn't pick him if he was my brother but...

Rashford is a good player but out of form, Henderson has been injured according to Southgate and not up to speed now. I welcome form players in the squad rather than those being picked on reputation.

Cheers BB
I would normally go along with form players especially strikers, on this occasion I'm willing to give Rashford the benefit of the doubt for the first game, if he didn't perform he would be dropped.

We don't have a lot of fit and in form Centre Halves. We have attacking players in much better form than Rashford.
The problem position for me is left back.

Shilton every time for me Gav. Clemence was good but played in front of the best team in the country for years. What about you?

Cheers BB
I was quite young but I think I thought that they were lucky to have two quality keepers like that. I do remember the goal against Scotland though ;)

Where was his professional pride? Going out on the lash in Belfast was a very bad move. Mainoo has played himself into the squad, playing for the same poor team and manager.

Cheers BB
That may well be the case, but unless you've had a chat with Marcus and asked him why, and you know something I don't he would still be in my starting eleven. At his best he is real class.

Yes left back is a glaring problem. The whole defense is a problem IMO.

Cheers BB
Apart from Stones and Walker.
Surprised Trippier got the nod - he had a terrible couple of months, was out for a couple of months and has only played one full game with another absolute clanger against Man Utd. He might get cut.

Please read my answer to Brown Bottle above post #2032
A chat should be unnecessary - the top players don't throw in the towel if they have a row with the manager. He should have been busting a gut every game. Look at Gordon he's been superb. My attitude to him has changed completely since his signing for us. I can understand he can annoy other team's fans but he's playing brilliantly.

A chat should be unnecessary - the top players don't throw in the towel if they have a row with the manager. He should have been busting a gut every game. Look at Gordon he's been superb. My attitude to him has changed completely since his signing for us. I can understand he can annoy other team's fans but he's playing brilliantly.
It's only my opinion, I have already said I would be more aggressive in making changes than Southgate, the same can be said for Palmer who when I've seen him on tv has played superb, if you drop Rashford would you pick Gordon or Palmer? All the fun of being armchair pundits.

It's only my opinion, I have already said I would be more aggressive in making changes than Southgate, the same can be said for Palmer who when I've seen him on tv has played superb, if you drop Rashford would you pick Gordon or Palmer? All the fun of being armchair pundits.
Tricky one but Palmer for me, he knows where the net is.

Cheers BB

At last!
the clearance of the no longer up to it old guard begins. Rashford, Mount and Henderson are only the first tranche hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back