advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Sure that Chelsea will give him this season. But will they give him two whole seasons?
Everything that has happened at the club since Boehly took over leaves an impression of the owner making it up as he goes along.
Potter is under immense pressure that has not been helped by so many additions to the squad many of whom, I suspect, he had little or no say in.
I think if Chelsea don't finish the season in a Thursday night football spot he'll be gone or if they don't get through the Dortmund tie in the CL he may not even make it to the end of the season.
I'd imagine, however, that very few supporters who follow the club closely would blame him for the current situation - he comes across as a decent guy and I hope it works out for him.
I expect that when Chelsea finally start finding the net it will be like London buses but at the moment it's painful to watch.

Wondering at the reaction from manure followers if the club is bought by someone/something with links to a horrible regime that has an appalling human rights record and with filthy money. ;)

As my auld welding instructor said so eloquently in his thick, Geordie accent:

everybody’s shit stinks.

A pattern seems to be emerging - rich Arabs must be bored with property in Mayfair and are nowbuying English football teams starting understandably at the top. I wonder who Boro will get by the time it is their turn - the Ayatollah of Iran or a shopkeeper from Yemen maybe.

Big game for Liverpool today. Their form seems to be turning as we are getting injured players back and young / new players are bedding in. Bajcetic has been spectacular and Gakpo seems to be gaining confidence.

With games in hand, if they can beat Newcastle today I will be confident they can go on a run and pinch a CL slot. Fingers (and everything else) crossed.

Wondering at the reaction from manure followers if the club is bought by someone/something with links to a horrible regime that has an appalling human rights record and with filthy money. ;)

Have you ever questioned where your petrol comes from, or where your pension is invested etc?..

Very sad news about Christian Atsu - RIP.
Poor Lad and awful for his family and friends.
Over 40,000 confirmed dead now and that is bound to rise significantly. Grim perspective when we view the crowds at the football games today and imagine the scale of the disaster.

Poor Lad and awful for his family and friends.
Over 40,000 confirmed dead now and that is bound to rise significantly. Grim perspective when we view the crowds at the football games today and imagine the scale of the disaster.
Yes, can’t imagine it. I have to hope he was killed immediately and hasn’t been there for days buried alive before passing away.

One of the best free kicks ever, made to look so simple.

1m 8s

Hats off today to the arses. Especially good to see the villa keeper score an OG then get caught 'out of position' for the 4th. :D

Who does Brian support, i genuinely don't know? :D

Brian supports Newcastle and may even have been present at the game which afforded Newcastle their last piece of meaningful silverware, namely the Fairs Cup in the early 1970s, although this is contested by their foes as the qualification procedure was arbitrary at best. Sunderland have since won the FA Cup in 73 and Boro won the League Cup in 2005.

Into the eleventh minute of injury time at Stamford Bridge - surely the final knocking of Potters miserable time at Chelski - the epitome of the adage about the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

advertisement

Back