advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Joelinton caught drink-driving on Thursday. Fair enough probably can’t afford the cost of a taxi on Newcastle wages so just jump in your Lambo and speed on home. Howe undecided whether he should play him at the weekend …..

I watched Chelsea last night I can’t find words to describe our performance. We don’t seem to have a leader on the pitch the only one putting a shift in is a 38year old.

Ironically Willian our ex player did the initial damage says it all.

I keep listening to all these pundits saying you’ve got to give Potter time. I’ve never known Chelsea to have all these injuries some incurred in training!

The new signing Felix looked very good till he got sent off for a silly challenge which he will now miss 3 crucial matches.

I’m looking up to the Gods for a miracle at this rate we’ll be in the relegation fight.

Regards,

Martin

Joelinton caught drink-driving on Thursday. Fair enough probably can’t afford the cost of a taxi on Newcastle wages so just jump in your Lambo and speed on home. Howe undecided whether he should play him at the weekend …..
He’s not a professional driver, I don’t see why it should affect his job. No doubt pressure to drop him will be intense from hypocrites* in the media, who don’t like to see Newcastle doing well and he is pivotal to the team.

As for the Courts, I expect him to be treated no differently to anyone else. My understanding is he’ll have good character references given what he does outside of football.

Crucially, it also depends on whether he was slumming it driving a Tesla, Porsche, BMW or Audi. If any of those some kind of education programme is in order.

Edit: * and idiots elsewhere

Last edited:
I agree with Woodface Drink Driving is a serious offence. In the absence of injury/death it is perhaps the most serious offence that the lower court deals with. The club will probably fine him. He's a role model. I doubt he'll be suspended and I'd agree with that decision. These days footballers can kick a cat around the house without missing a match.

Statistically speaking, it’s unlikely to have been the first time he has done this and I presume the Police will have told him by how much he was over the limit and Newcastle will also know. So that should have a bearing on what action the club take, I remember Sunderland suspending Darron Gibson when he did it.

Apparently "the breath reading was 43 so in the first band of the calculator that goes from 35 to 59. That's a 12 month ban and a fine"
Never understand why this happens...stoopid Lad.

Back to football....

Comp!ete the following sequence...

White(£50m)/Veltman(£900,000)
Burn (£15m)/Colwill (loan)
Bissouma (£25m)/Caicedo (£7.5m?)
Cucurella (£62m!)/Estupinian (£15m)
Potter etc. (£20m)/de Zerbi (free agent)
???/???

Looks like Trossard will be the next seagull to fly the nest for a large fee. He's been one of our best players over the last three and a half seasons.

As per usual we already have a replacement for him in Mitoma(£2.5m)

Onwards and upwards

Don’t know how manure are 2-1 up in this match on 82mins, slaphead hopping up and down the cinder track. What a ridiculous sight.

Refs need to start giving goofy a red card for continually gobbing off and trying to referee the match. What a horrible individual.

Casemiro with at least 3 penalty challenges.

Well, it's pretty clear that refereeing turned that game in United's favour. To be fair, it had been a fairly even game, with United marginally better in the first half, and City much better in the second. At the time of United's first goal, City were well, well on top. A player in possession of the ball, blocking it from defenders while in an offside position, with a linesman flagging, is clearly offside, and the fact that it was given because he was not the player who scored, changed the whole game. That should not happen.

Oh: "Official statement apparently the ref didn’t think it was offside (despite linesman putting flag up) and VAR decided not to intervene."

Shambles. Again.

All that aside - despite all his goals City don't look the same side with Haaland up front.

Strange season. At the back, Stones, Dias, Walker and Laporte have been out for a good part and several players are just not in top form. Still, there is plenty of time for that to change.

advertisement

Back