advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

There was a counter song by opposing fans back in the hooligan days... It went something like... Your Never Walk Again !

It was a decent victory for Liverpool but I had the impression it was a game they were really up for in light of the recent domination they've (kind of) shared with City.
At the end of the day it's just 3 points and the minimum that was required to stay in touch with the CL places.

"Goals from Matt Phillips and Taylor Gardner-Hickman secured managerless* West Bromwich Albion only their second Championship win of the season to deny Reading the chance to go joint top."

*Managerless in the sense of not actually having a Manager rather than being "managed" by S. Bruce."

Reading 0-2 West Bromwich Albion: Baggies make perfect start to post Steve Bruce era - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63182114

I've lost some respect for Klopp and LFC supporters in recent weeks given:
a) the above and some of Klopp's touchline antics.
b) the entitled way they reacted to Eddie Howe's tactics in the Anfield fixture. "In future I'm not going to lower myself to go to a match where the opposition plays like that. You have tainted the beautiful game and mine eyes are doth offended"

Yes Saudis.
Yes City are my second team - 35 years living in Manchester as a NUFC follower is it a surprise?

No you only said 'Saudis' which clearly makes no mention of human rights, torture etc.not to mention the UAE isn't Saudi.
I was however referring the the article in the Mail.
Tbh we've been here before , it's a well worn argument, we won 1-0 , Klopp does what he does as does Pep, it's just football.

It's pretty obvious to me that City spend more reasonably now as they are in the last chance saloon with the PL/UEFA in light of previous misdemeanors.
What's more they've reached a stage now where the squad requires no more than a little tinkering and will likely be supplemented by top quality academy players breaking through before too long.
It's up to the rest of the PL to up their game and try to break the domestic domination of the last 5 years.
Klopp was just being Klopp - he has previous when it comes to making irresponsible comments before a big match - this was just the latest example.

City are able to invest heavily in infrastructure, transfer spend is only one part of it. They seem to own large parts of Manchester.

I still prefer them to most other clubs in the EPL though.

Went to Hartlepool tonight for The Papa John’s Trophy, Everton U21’s won 6-0.Danny Mills’ son Stanley is a real prospect. Onwards tomorrow to play the horse punchers , can’t see a repeat performance from the first team, the highlight of the day is likely to be a nice couple of pints in The Crown Posada.

We appear to have a cosplay manager. Back to the short lived Mick Wadsworth era, utterly wretched time to be a Town fan.

I aspire to mid table mediocrity which we will get next year in League 1.

We appear to have a cosplay manager. Back to the short lived Mick Wadsworth era, utterly wretched time to be a Town fan.

I aspire to mid table mediocrity which we will get next year in League 1.
Available.
Steve-Bruce-006_400x400.jpg

advertisement

Back