advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that’s two defeats on the bounce now for City, better get the cheque book out in January

You’re obsessed about City’s spending!

Palace have been playing well for a while. Even the better teams will come unstuck if they aren’t on their game in this league. That’s what’s good about it.

We’ll dust ourselves down and go again.

Was a great game, and I thought Brighton looked the better organised side. We were all over the place at times, and after 70 mins or so I was happy to hang on for the point.

We were well on top the first half and could have scored more. Brighton were very passive and we exploited that. Second half they pressed harder and higher and we went to sleep so our attacking threat evaporated. Henderson and Trent are problems at the moment. Henderson playing as a 6 should not be getting forward and vacating the centre. Trent seems to be playing in a more “inside” position and less wide. When he goes forward and Henderson vacates the DMF position we are wide only to counters through the middle and on the attackers left wing. This happened many times second half. The Liverpool response when pegged back was very disappointing.

Gritty win against Millwall today, our defence is a vast improvement on last year & Sorba Thomas registered his 8th assist of the season which is pretty impressive.

Did city lose today?

UTD couldn’t have have had better hangover opponents in the shape of Spurs they look rudderless.

Brighton played really well a well deserved point.

Chairboys got away with it today, should have been done and dusted but…down to third.

Arses within touching distance who would have thunk it…

Compare and contrast Ramsdale's distribution with Darlow's. :rolleyes:
And the players in front of both of them tbf.

Che Adams with a finish like Le Tiss and then a missed header like Le Tiss.

I thought Brighton should have been hammered today but they did well to get back. City seemed really off from what I’ve seen.

Sacking Bruce has really turned things round but he has had a lovely day at the cricket with his son so still winning. It’s odd that Jones was credited with turning things round when things were going well. Chelsea look like they will throw away fewer points this season.

Did city lose today?

UTD couldn’t have have had better hangover opponents in the shape of Spurs they look rudderless.

Brighton played really well a well deserved point.

Chairboys got away with it today, should have been done and dusted but…down to third.

Arses within touching distance who would have thunk it…
I was at The Chairboys match , they played well but it didn’t look like there was almost 20 league places between the teams.

Sacking Bruce has really turned things round but he has had a lovely day at the cricket with his son so still winning. It’s odd that Jones was credited with turning things round when things were going well.
Champions of Europe always a difficult game.
Jones arrival now looking like a minor new coach bump at best.
Improvement in form late last season largely down to Willock who is now warming the bench.
Some legitimate questions of Jones:
"Talked a good game during the week which was refreshing but absolutely did not walk the walk.
Why the same team? Why no changes?
Why is our best goalkeeper on the bench? Darlow's distribution was poor and Dubravka will improve it.
Why are our two best centre-backs not in the team? We need an out ball and a player like Schar is comfortable on the ball.
Why are our two best centre midfielders on the bench?
Why park up with 10 men behind the ball for the entire game with absolutely no desire to cross the halfway line?"

Mind at least Jones had them in training 5 days this week.
We go to Brighton next, who Bruce never managed to get a goal against in four attempts.

Champions of Europe always a difficult game.
Jones arrival now looking like a minor new coach bump at best.
Improvement in form late last season largely down to Willock who is now warming the bench.
Some legitimate questions of Jones:
"Talked a good game during the week which was refreshing but absolutely did not walk the walk.
Why the same team? Why no changes?
Why is our best goalkeeper on the bench?
Why are our two best centre-backs not in the team?
Why are our two best centre midfielders on the bench?
Why park up with 10 men behind the ball for the entire game with absolutely no desire to cross the halfway line?"
I have exactly the same questions.

People with knowledge of Newcastle know it’s going to take time, they know there is a very good chance of relegation again this season due to how Ashley has been running the club and the incompetence of the previous manager.

Only the ignorant and trolls think anyone is expecting an immediate change. ;)

Chelsea look like they will throw away fewer points this season.
City were absolutely superb when they won at Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago so to now find themselves 5 points behind Chelsea is indeed a mystery.
I can only think that they were massively 'up' for avenging the CL final defeat but are now suffering from several key players being slightly off the pace.
All that said I still think they're the best team in the league.

People with knowledge of Newcastle know it’s going to take time, they know there is a very good chance of relegation again this season due to how Ashley has been running the club and the incompetence of the previous manager.
I thought Shearer summed the situation up rather well on MOTD last night.
It's true to say that years of neglect from the FCB can't be corrected overnight bit I was nonetheless surprised that Newcastle didn't seem prepared to even have a go as Chelsea were missing several key players yesterday.

I thought Shearer summed the situation up rather well on MOTD last night.
It's true to say that years of neglect from the FCB can't be corrected overnight bit I was nonetheless surprised that Newcastle didn't seem prepared to even have a go as Chelsea were missing several key players yesterday.
Yes.

The setup of the team is completely wrong. They do have the players to at least have a go but it looks like there is a total lack of belief in the players by the staff and also among the players themselves. That’s the cabbage effect, imo.

When I saw the team selection I exchanged messages with one of my kids, currently in Spain, along the lines a complete clearout is needed. It’s a real pity the takeover didn’t go through in the summer but it is what it is. They will be adrift by the time January comes around, it’s going to take a huge effort to avoid the drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back