advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think UCL winners guarantees that accolade in truth, you won the biggest Cup competition in Europe and well done for that

I don’t think UCL winners guarantees that accolade in truth, you won the biggest Cup competition in Europe and well done for that
giphy.gif

But it's not just a cup is it?
The early stages are in a league format and even when it goes to knockout it's still over 2 legs with the exception of the final.
Chelsea knocked out the Spanish champions and the English champions (probably the 2 strongest leagues in Europe) on route to winning the trophy as well as schooling 13 times CL winners Real Madrid over 2 legs in the semi final.
So if Chelsea are not considered number one in Europe who is exactly?:confused:

Easy - the team that have won 3 titles in the last 4 seasons in what's widely considered to be the best league in the world. The league you finished 4th in.
Is that the same team that haven't won a trophy in Europe for the last 51 years and the same team that lost to the Champions of Europe 3 times in the last 6 weeks of the season?

Easy - the team that have won 3 titles in the last 4 seasons in what's widely considered to be the best league in the world. The league you finished 4th in.
To be fair, you are absolutely correct. Man City, the team that play in woad, are the champions of a part of a small, insignificant little regarded and isolated little island cast adrift somewhere in the North Sea, while Chelsea are the champions of an entire continent at the centre of the civilised world…

51292746787_5562829bae_o.jpg

Man City Supporters Club showing off their replica shirts

Is that the same team that haven't won a trophy in Europe for the last 51 years and the same team that lost to the Champions of Europe 3 times in the last 6 weeks of the season?
It’s the team that won the Premier League. The league were you finished in 4th spot. We just don’t bang on about it.

Let him enjoy his moment with his solitary trophy in god knows how many years.
It won’t come around again in a long time.

That final was based on the previous seasons placings, check again
Nothing to check - my point was that when Chelsea won the CL final they did so against the current PL champions.
Had Liverpool been good enough to beat a poor Real Madrid side they'd have been knocked out in the semis - all those injuries, empty grounds & Saturday early kick-offs would have just put them at too much of a disadvantage.;)
Anyway still waiting for an answer to a simple question?

Nothing to check - my point was that when Chelsea won the CL final they did so against the current PL champions.
Had Liverpool been good enough to beat a poor Real Madrid side they'd have been knocked out in the semis - all those injuries, empty grounds & Saturday early kick-offs would have just put them at too much of a disadvantage.;)
Anyway still waiting for an answer to a simple question?
The Reds had a poor 30 mins with Keita selected against RM and the tie looked lost - hopefully JK learnt a lesson there as they won almost full points in the last 12 league games to finish above the UCL winners in 3rd position, No idea about your Q tbh but I suspect you simply ignored the answer?

Err I don't think so.
https://www.givemesport.com/1685411...-city-which-pl-club-has-the-highest-net-spend

Face facts - since old whisky nose retired you're just also rans.;)

Ah, you're talking about net spend - then fair enough. Maybe the oligarch needs to spend a bit more though to catch United (and to get a UK passport). How long do we all need to wait - 20, 30 years, or longer? And will Chelsea be breaking some more rules in their quest to become the country's biggest team?

Anyway, no comment on Pulisic's fishing trip? Quite a funny vid. Is it true that he's a Trump supporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back