advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio recording of the Mason Greenwood incident is now available in the public arena. I hope it does not preclude the chance of a free trial but it is utterly damning, regardless, and likely to end a promising career. Anyone who has perpetrated a sexual assault, as Greenwood is alleged to have committed, should be tried in a court of law, not in the public arena.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Mendy is said to have been placed on remand for breaching his bail conditions. If he is tried and found guilty, I will have no sympathy for him, whatsoever, for both the end of his career and a deserved custodial sentence. Nevertheless, a court is the only place to hear the evidence presented.

Agreed but feel like this might be such a waste of a talented young footballer, especially after the Icelandic shenanigans a couple of years with Phil Foden led to them being sent home... not sure what to say and haven't heard the audio recording

The audio recording of the Mason Greenwood incident is now available in the public arena. I hope it does not preclude the chance of a free trial but it is utterly damning, regardless, and likely to end a promising career. Anyone who has perpetrated a sexual assault, as Greenwood is alleged to have committed, should be tried in a court of law, not in the public arena.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Mendy is said to have been placed on remand for breaching his bail conditions. If he is tried and found guilty, I will have no sympathy for him, whatsoever, for both the end of his career and a deserved custodial sentence. Nevertheless, a court is the only place to hear the evidence presented.
Great post. I wonder if the victim put it out there as a safety measure, apparently MUFC covered up a similar incident in 2020.

Agreed but feel like this might be such a waste of a talented young footballer, especially after the Icelandic shenanigans a couple of years with Phil Foden led to them being sent home... not sure what to say and haven't heard the audio recording

It's bad and not a romp with a willing friend.

Is he world class?

God no. Apparently, he won't even play. I know he is the South American footballer of the year, Argentina's No.9 and scorer of 20 goals in 25 games, but he is nowt until he has proven himself in the PL for 10 years. Heck, even Sergio Aguero and David Silva never won PL POTY, so he's got no chance.

Meanwhile, the best front three in the world, the best keeper, and the best defender will grace Anfield, while a stream of world-class players and wonderkids dance across the stage of the Theatre of Dreams.

God no. Apparently, he won't even play. I know he is the South American footballer of the year, Argentina's No.9 and scorer of 20 goals in 25 games, but he is nowt until he has proven himself in the PL for 10 years. Heck, even Sergio Aguero and David Silva never won PL POTY, so he's got no chance.

Meanwhile, the best front three in the world, the best keeper, and the best defender will grace Anfield, while a stream of world-class players and wonderkids dance across the stage of the Theatre of Dreams.

Rent free…

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back