advertisement

Ageing. It's a Bugger....

There are many more delights of ageing to focus on yet..

I'm wracking my brains..........

This country and much of the world seems to be going to Hell in a handcart, with Covid strains providing the locomotion. However, this may just be a negative psychological aspect of aging. Discuss or disgus ting.

Now having reached 75, I now know what my Mum was on about aches, pains, tablets etc. Fortunately I only take blood pressure tablets but a few of my friends are diabetics.

Regards,

Martin

I had a colonoscopy this year. Picolax is no longer given (normally) as it doesn't clear out one half of the bowel properly. I was given something called Moviprep which arrived in sachets about the size of a bag of sugar.

It is the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten/drunk and I had to drink pints of the stuff - twice. Think flat, salty lemsip. The outgoings were like a luminous golden laser.

The procedure was painless enough although it did feel as though I constantly wanted to crap myself which of course was impossible. Moviprep saw to that.

It is the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten/drunk and I had to drink pints of the stuff - twice. Think flat, salty lemsip.

It is more palatable if made up the evening before, and refrigerated. It tells you on the packet how many hours it lasts for. Many hours.

Also drinking it via a straw is more pleasant.

It is more palatable if made up the evening before, and refrigerated. It tells you on the packet how many hours it lasts for. Many hours.

Also drinking it via a straw is more pleasant.

I tried it room temperature and cold but honestly I'd rather have drunk a turd smoothie.

I got a product called Suprep. They suggested premixing and chilling, but I had chilled water to use, so just mixed it up and down the hatch. Didn't seem so bad to drink to me. Results were dramatic but not really uncomfortable. No untoward incidents.

As I’ve been told that at 65 I’m way too young to challenge the premise of the thread, can I ask at what age ageing officially becomes ‘a bugger’?

advertisement

Back