advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else noticed some movies on prime failing to load in the correct screen format ie defaulting to 16:9 rather than 2.35:1 etc? Most annoying and only happens on some. Sammy 55KS7000 TV, have followed amazon advice and logout and back in again, TV software is up to date and it's only recently started happening...

I'm having issues with Prime 4:3 material being stretched out to 16:9, leaving everyone short and fat. No change in TV settings improves things at all.
...and yes, it's only recently started happening. Samsung TV too.

Mick

Amazon are looking into the issue apparently.

I’ve just been doing a bit of rummaging online - it seems ratio issues have abounded since Samsung firmware 1233 appeared at the start of May, so the issues have been there for the best part of a month.
Hopefully Amazon and/or Samsung will sort it soon.

Mick

Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese - Netflix 12th of June.

As a fan of his Bobness I’m looking forward to this.

A couple of good new crime dramas on Netflix. From Belgium comes Undercover, which is supposedly based on a real attempt to break up a large drug (ecstasy) supplier ring. And from Canada, Season 2 of Bad Blood is now available.

Lastly, Sneaky Pete season 3 on Amazon Prime was also very good.

Good Omens on Amazon Prime is quite enjoyable. I thought it would be super light entertainment in the mould of Dr. Who, but it's a bit closer to Sherlock Holmes in terms of the target audience as there's some swearing in it. Great cast and David Tennant makes for a great demon!

I Am Mother, on Netflix. A fairly well-done 'beware the logic of machines' thriller. This machine mothers like hell.

Holds one's interest, as the 'like hell' part is gradually revealed. We are led early on to make an assumption that is later shattered with great effect. Ending a bit elliptical, and seems questionable given the shattered assumption, but makes sense once you think about it. Mother was telling the truth when she said daughter had passed all her tests.

Just watching through the Revue of bob dylan. All I have been able to determine so far is that Pattie Smith was off her tits and looked like hard work lol. Interesting watch though.

I quite liked I am Mother. Nothing new, but nicely done. Happy! second series was a bit over the over the over the top when just over the top would have done. The first one was excellent. And the first two Black Mirrors were OK.

There seems to be some new Jessica Jones as well.

Happy cumming rainbow spooge all over Bo Peep (in Pride month too!) was pretty freakin’ tasteful. I nearly lost my shit when they murdered all the OAPs in the old Nazi people’s home.

I think they could amp it up if they get to take it somewhere else like Amazon for a third season - SyFy being asshats, they just cancelled it. There’s so many more public American holidays to plunder!

Oh and Archer is back, this time he is in space with the gang and Mother looks a lot like Siri.

64614476_2247474045582913_5639504578924773376_n.jpg

Does Killing Eve on the Beeb count?

Watched all 8 episodes. Unbelievable plot, but the lead characters I really like...

Have only watched two or three of the latest Black Mirror, I'm not keen on the ambiguous/cut to black screen endings, I hope they're all not like it. I know you're supposed to be all creative and imagine the ending for yourself but I'm a bit OCD and prefer a definitive ending, seems a bit of a cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back