advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone already mentioned NOS4A2.
I wasn't convinced at first but it turned out quite well.
Binge watched it on the dodgy streamers.

Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese - Netflix 12th of June.

As a fan of his Bobness I’m looking forward to this.

Have just finished it - excellent. Though we watched it in chunks, as it is a bit long. The moment when Joni Mitchell sings Coyote is absolutely extraordinary. It took me years to realise what an incredible artist she is.

Have only watched two or three of the latest Black Mirror, I'm not keen on the ambiguous/cut to black screen endings, I hope they're all not like it. I know you're supposed to be all creative and imagine the ending for yourself but I'm a bit OCD and prefer a definitive ending, seems a bit of a cop out.

There are only three it seems. Plus Bandersnatch a few months ago. I quite liked them. Bit of nine inch nails at the end of the last one.

Black Mirror is entertaining enough.

But it’s basically Ballard and Dick for those who don’t read SF.

If you like BM you might also like Love, Death and Robots (mentioned earlier in the thread.)

Stephen

Stranger Things season 3 is out now for those who have not seen it its about a group of kids in small town america and a monster that comes to prey upon them. Good fun with great characters.
Also watching Deutschland 83 which looks promising

Tuca and Bertie on Netflix looks to be shaping up nicely, very interesting take on anthropomorphic birds with arms (and boobs) — from the production company that brought us Bojack Horseman. It’s more lightweight as well.

Liking Legion Season 3 (final season too, no attempt to milk it) on Fox, superbly surreal. If you read comics, The New Hellions make an appearance albeit as a bunch of stoner hippies — and no “Catseye” and the time traveler, Switch is a girl this time round. Bill Siencewicz is one of my favourite comic book artists and hugely influences my own observations of line and form, and it’s good to see Legion continue the same in terms of cinematography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back