advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched 'The Ritual' and for the most part enjoyed it.

Got two episodes in to black summer before realising this is just another zombie bullshit fest.

Captain Fantastic currently on I Player a very enjoyable film starring Viggo Mortinsen

A father devoted to raising his six kids with a rigorous physical and intellectual education is forced to leave his paradise and enter the world, challenging his idea of what it means to be a parent.

Tijuana on Netflix. Well done fictional production about the dangers faced by Mexican investigative reporters.

Currently watching The Thick of It on Netflix. Never watched it at the time as I didn’t think it was for me. How wrong was I? Bloody hilarious!

Brawl in Cell Block 99 - unless it's already been mentioned

A bit gruesome, but it's more funny than serious. A great change of character for Vince Vaughn too

Try Valley Uprising on Netflix, it charts the history of assorted climbers and headcases who have scaled El Capitan. Excellent.

Valley Uprising is superb; just shows you how long it's been wanted to be conquered; they set off initially and did it over so many weeks and now folks are climbing it in hours... Mental!

Valley Uprising is superb; just shows you how long it's been wanted to be conquered; they set off initially and did it over so many weeks and now folks are climbing it in hours... Mental!

I think the pair in Valley Uprising are climbing a different and harder face of El Capitan, to the one that people Free Solo up in a few hours. The latter film is equally nuts in its own way though.

Having said that, I've never been to Yosemite Valley and so might be wrong.

Jack

Bosch is wonderful, though his house could do with better security.

Just watching dead to me, amazing acting, totally recommended!

Heat - The Definitive Edition. Amazon Prime. Watched it on my phone on a plane last week. 4K remaster. Looked fantastic.

Epic. Almost.

Both Ghost Stories (Netflix) and Before I Go to Sleep (Prime) are worth a watch.

The former reminded me of those 1970s British portmanteau horror films, the latter Hitchcock. Kidman would have been very good as a one of his 'blondes'.

Stephen

Amazon has an awful and very off putting interface. It’s really annoying coming back to a series like Bosch to try and remember which episode I’ve got up to.

What platform are you using? On my TV it clearly marks what I’ve watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back