advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I have great hopes that Democracy will soon rid us of him.
Mull

I wish I could share your optimism Mull

WRT the UK, again, a system that does not accurately reflect the popular vote in a national referendum is a form of democracy that will forever be open to manipulation by interested parties.

When the popular vote is reflected in the houses of Westminster I just might begin to embrace some of your optimism.

Well yes. I'm fully aware of the appalling levels of media bias/spin and general misinformation which IMHO has distorted both General Elections and the farce of a Referendum. But I can only repeat that nobody has yet attempted to make the UK a one party state, or prevented any candidate from standing, etc. I suppose it's a glass half full/half empty judgement.

Mull

Well yes. I'm fully aware of the appalling levels of media bias/spin and general misinformation which IMHO has distorted both General Elections and the farce of a Referendum. But I can only repeat that nobody has yet attempted to make the UK a one party state, or prevented any candidate from standing, etc. I suppose it's a glass half full/half empty judgement.

Mull

If our glass was full, we'd be sure to spill some, so it isn't desirable. Additionally, if it was a wine glass, we'd look like oafs.

C4 News are presenting a magnificent catalogue of the lying history of Boris Johnson. The stumbling Ben Wallace is parroting “novicheck” repeatedly again and trying to take the heat of Johnson.

Well if anything positive comes out of the Skipral case, it will be the destruction of Johnson's chances of getting the top job. Surely he's blown it now?

In normal times his resignation would have been solicited and delivered. He has developed a knack for fanning a crisis and making himself untouchable- for if May were to sack him for lying now (for the third time by his boss) it would weaken the U.K. position further in the face of Russia. He is highly manipulative. He has to go.

In normal times his resignation would have been solicited and delivered. He has developed a knack for fanning a crisis and making himself untouchable- for if May were to sack him for lying now (for the third time by his boss) it would weaken the U.K. position further in the face of Russia. He is highly manipulative. He has to go.
You have to wonder what it will actually take to make the economical-with-the-truth one go...

Malcolm Rifkind having to defend Boris Johnson on Newsnight now.

That's the problem with having a shameless serial liar in government - he drags everyone down to his level and corrupts the entire political process.

Rifkind- “Boris Johnson uses looser language than you or I”. That’s certainly a defence brief’s expression for it! He was very busy attempting to cover for Johnson, as have other senior Conservatives today. It’s been a day of damage limitation for comms at Downing St. The narrative has shifted across the media now- it’s not Corbyn who has handed Russia an open goal, it’s a known liar in government. Taking down claims matching Johnson’s from the FCO’s website/twitter feed has only poured fuel on the fire.

Malcolm Rifkind having to defend Boris Johnson on Newsnight now.

That's the problem with having a shameless serial liar in government - he drags everyone down to his level and corrupts the entire political process.
Rifkind was all they could dig up to defend him?

They have also wheeled out a big leak to The Times - big image

Claims they've known the Russian lab for weeks. The timing suggests this is to back up and protect Boris.

The benefits of an Eton education never cease...

They have also wheeled out a big leak to The Times - big image

Claims they've known the Russian lab for weeks. The timing suggests this is to back up and protect Boris.

The benefits of an Eton education never cease...
Murdoch helps Whitehall sphincters relax for now. Did you see the first name under the “series of blunders undermining the British position”?- the head of Porton Down, Gary Aitkenhead. His head will roll before Johnson’s.

Many people with strongly held beliefs back Mr Johnson in his principled and firm deportment on the international stage. He is clearly trying to emulate the dignity of international detente from the 70s.

Bringing in Mr Rifkind is just team GB playing the joker.

Mr. Johnson would like to pay a visit at Salisbury District Hospital,

11jn9j7.jpg

260btow.jpg

Why is this simpleton not yet fired from his job?

I'm beginning to think he and young Dave have pics from the old days of other leading Tories in compromising positions with livestock (not necessarily alive at the time).

BBC offering their full support: Frank Gardner says he and his colleagues tried very hard to find the bit in the interview where Johnson claimed Porton Down told him it definitely came from Russia, but could not.

It’s no longer enough that social media provide the BBC with material, they expect us to f-ing analyse it for them as well. Someone send him a link to the video and tell him how far in.

BBC offering their full support: Frank Gardner says he and his colleagues tried very hard to find the bit in the interview where Johnson claimed Porton Down told him it definitely came from Russia, but could not.

It’s no longer enough that social media provide the BBC with material, they expect us to f-ing analyse it for them as well. Someone send him a link to the video and tell him how far in.
Maybe they should watch the news.
(Instead of fabricating it, for once....Oh! I don't believe I actually said that! Must have been a senior ((diplomat)) moment.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back