1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

In the very first post of this thread I can go straight to Godwin’s Law: Boris Johnson compares Russian World Cup to Hitler’s 1936 Olympics (Guardian).

Next.

2. najb

najb pfm Member

There is no eloquence, dignity nor wisdom emanating from BoJo. A very short thread.

3. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

I think in the example of BoJo it should be called Fcukwit's Law...

4. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

There's still time for him to be the 21st century's King Cnut.

5. monkfish

monkfish pfm Member

6. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Please let's not give the loathsome self serving fool any more publicity. Starved of publicity he can become the inconsequential nobody he so richly deserves to be.

Dougunn and Vinniemac like this.
  7. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

It's not very often that I'm properly amused at a thread title but this got me!:D

8. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Ha! When I saw the thread title, I thought,”it’s gonna be a short thread”! Who was the wallflower on the Conservative benches who said “Boris is a character. We need more of them in politics”?

9. glancaster

glancaster In the silicon vale

Actually a Labour MP, Ian Austin, made the comparison first and Boris agreed with him. In these days of political acrimony it's good to see some cross-party consensus for a change.

10. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

Underestimate Johnson at your peril

He is the British answer to Donald Trump.

11. Cav

Cav pfm Member

AS Corbyn said at PMQs Boris, by his vile utterances, demeans his Office.

TheDecameron likes this.
  12. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

Are we to read your comment as some sort of concurrence with de Pfeiffel's opinion that the country that lost some 25 million of it's people actually fighting and defeating Nazi Germany is in fact comparable to Hitler's regime?

13. glancaster

glancaster In the silicon vale

No. You should read it that, in this specific case, I do agree with what he actually said rather than your interpretation of what he said. Boris is an atrocious diplomat, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

14. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

G
    Glad to hear it tovarishch!

15. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

Too right...

16. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

The Farce is strong with this one!

17. timola

timola pfm Member

I said something similar on PFM around the Iran/teacher incident and that was bad, but after this one I think he's gone too far.

18. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Can't we test out this Novichok theory, by releasing a statement to the fact he is a former Russian double agent?

19. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

He’s probably the King of Russia or something if you go back far enough with genealogy.

20. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Boris indeed.