advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! When I saw the thread title, I thought,”it’s gonna be a short thread”! Who was the wallflower on the Conservative benches who said “Boris is a character. We need more of them in politics”?

Are you sure they didn't confuse needing more "people of good character" with needing more "characters". That Trump bloke is a character.

Are you sure they didn't confusing needing more "people of good character" with needing more "characters". That Trump bloke is a character.
More of a caricature* surely?

* "imitation of a person in which certain striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic or grotesque effect"

He's not as good as Trump as sometimes you see BJ's mask slip in public and the odd snarl creeps out.

He's not thick though - unlike those who fail to see through the mask or still love the act. He's nasty. Genuinely nasty and very very dangerous.

Actually a Labour MP, Ian Austin, made the comparison first and Boris agreed with him. In these days of political acrimony it's good to see some cross-party consensus for a change.
There is a slight difference though...one is an opposition MP, the other holds one of the great offices of state and from that platform, is comparing the President of Russia with a Hitler. Trying to be polite, one might say he’s overreached himself.

He's not as good as Trump as sometimes you see BJ's mask slip in public and the odd snarl creeps out.

The thing that annoys me is the so press seldom get the opportunity to press that button. It is obvious he has a terrible temper and reverts to a spectacularly ugly entitled spoilt child petulance when pushed, but too seldom is it revealed despite it lurking just below the surface.

There is a slight difference though...one is an opposition MP, the other holds one of the great offices of state and from that platform, is comparing the President of Russia with a Hitler. Trying to be polite, one might say he’s overreached himself.

You are generally polite yourself, Dec. Is that why you object -- because Boris is being rude? Or do you really not see any parallels between Putin and the Hitler of, say, the 1930s, prior to the start of World War II?

The irony is Putin, Johnson, Trump, Farage etc are all just facets of the exact same thing. An out of control entitled billionaire elite that think they have the god given right to asset-strip their nations at the expense of everyone else. Each one a thug and a bigot, but the type of thug and bigot that comes down from a position of exceptional privilege and power rather than up from the street. Four of the nastiest people on the planet IMHO.

I'd like to see a journalist, at a live press conference, ask him whether he and his associates within the Tory Party will now be returning all donations they have received over the past five years from supporters of Putin. Then push him on it.

Sadly we won't get to see that. There's an awful lot that we aren't getting to see right now. I'm amazed so many still appear to have faith in the system.

These people, as Tony says, are nasty. They are not just nasty though. They are evil. Evil and dangerous. Meanwhile the longer they have to cement their positions and means of censorship the harder it will be to remove them.

Glancaster, Russia is currently encircled by an extremely aggressive NATO, is being blamed for every ill of the world often on the basis of zero evidence, and has been facing economic sanctions for years.

What comparisons to Nazi Germany do you see?

I wonder if Boris the clown is aware that the Russians boycotted Hitler's Nazi Olympics, but Britain did not.

And then three years later the USSR entered into a pact with Germany that allowed them to carve up
Poland and effectively cede the Baltic states to the USSR. An aggressive pact that your beloved Putin still thinks was a good thing...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...ons-pact-with-Adolf-Hitlers-Nazi-Germany.html

The USSR didn’t boycott the Berlin Olympics because of the Nazis, they didn’t participate in any Olympics until the 1950s on ideological grounds...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union_at_the_Olympics

Is it not the case that Russia lost 25 million citizens fighting Hitler and the Nazi regime? Without such sacrifice, how do our historians think the Western front might have played out?

Reminds me of the Russian Jew who performed the circumcisions.

Vladimir Loptabolokov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back