advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, Boris handled the whole thing reasonably well with no serious gaffs. I imagine he will be hugely relieved.

Taking the call was a massive gaff.
I gather the caller was put in touch with Boris by a UK govt. official so I guess he had no reason to think it wasn't genuine. I don't like Boris any more than I assume you do, and I was hoping he was going to really put his foot in it, but he didn't.

Unfortunately, Boris handled the whole thing reasonably well with no serious gaffs. I imagine he will be hugely relieved.
It was clear he'd wised up by the end, and the FO said he had realised it was a prank call quite early on, so if that is true, it's no real surprise if there were no gaffes.

It was clear he'd wised up by the end, and the FO said he had realised it was a prank call quite early on, so if that is true, it's no real surprise if there were no gaffes.
I couldn’t listen to more than a few sentences- my toes were curling with embarrassment for him.

Boris lies a lot, which makes it difficult to understand when or if ever he actually tells the truth.

I am surprised the Russian prankster could keep a straight fact down the line.

Bojo definitely put his foot in it. He said he would let the prankster see the evidence for the novichock poisoning by the Russians when the UK actually produced it, or words to that effect.

In the meantime he will accuse the Russians of attempted murder/political assassination before actually having the evidence. Not to worry though, we'll unearth it. Perhaps this is what JRM will be doing in his new gaff in Cowley Street.

Actually thinking about it he probably won't. The firm Mogg works for is too busy investing money into Russia for its clients. JRM gets paid for this. No wonder he can afford his five and a half million pound make-May-miserable mansion.

Jack

Last edited:
There was a time when somebody on The Andrew Marr Show actually gave Boris Johnson a hard time, instead of trying to suck his filthy toes. Eddie Mair called him "a nasty piece of work" during this television interview which skewered the then London Mayor on his lies. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2013/mar/24/boris-johnson-accused-nasty-video

Johnson is pathetic as he tries to wiggle out of what he has written, said and done. Underneath it all though he acts like it doesn't matter. And it didn't - Theresa May made him Foreign Secretary.

"The London mayor faces a grilling on Sunday over allegations made against him in an upcoming BBC documentary. Eddie Mair, interviewing Boris Johnson on BBC1's Andrew Marr Show, confronts him about claims he made up quotes while working for The Times, lied to his party leader about having an affair and provided a friend with the address of someone they wanted to 'beat up'."

Jack

BBC 2015-

In his acceptance speech on being elected MP for Uxbridge, Mr Johnson said he would lie down "in front of those bulldozers and stop the building, stop the construction of that third runway" at Heathrow.

The time has now come for His Excellency to stop lying and make good his promise. The nation waits.

Bojo, now declared admirer of Trump. Reverse ferret maximus- from determining Trump to be stupefyingly ignorant to a degree rendering him unfit for the office of President just two years ago.

The foreign secretary also said that he was “increasingly admiring of Donald Trump” and has become “convinced that there is method in his madness”, according to a leaked recording from a private dinner for Tory activists.
(The Guardian)

I would hope that a sizeable chunk of the Tory party is as appalled by Trump as the rest of us, so Bojo coming out as an admirer may not win him too many friends. Of course, I could be wrong and the Tories could be as myopic about Trump as the GOP.

Splitter! Bring on the bulldozers. He should be sacked for running away from the debate. And May should be sacked for allowing it.

Splitter! Bring on the bulldozers. He should be sacked for running away from the debate. And May should be sacked for allowing it.

The porker’s run away from the bulldozers- maybe the Taliban will lay some on for him while he’s in Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back