advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they aye?

Eff me, this place gets worse every day now we have the owner subjecting people to insults and childish ones at that.

Thatcher's brilliant Hurrah!

You really couldn't make this shit up.
To be fair, you called him 'delusional' before he cast aspersions on your reading age...

Oh, and the Tories already have a monkey in charge. It's not going well for them, ATM.

No idea what the rambling nonsense means must be a bat signal or something.

Thatcher good, IT nonsense etc.

Thatcher bad.

Argentina
Belgrano
The Miners
Coal
Orgreave
Mining communities
MET POLICE
Steel
Hillsborough
Liverpool
Scotland
Electricity sell off (very prescient)
Gas sell off (ditto)
Buses
Trains
Council Houses
NHS
Railway workers

Thatcher had a few redeeming features, e.g. the BBC Computer Literacy Project, the Enterprise Allowance Scheme etc. The impact of both are still hugely felt today. Much of the UK’s dominance in IT dates from this time, plus huge numbers of great businesses started on the Enterprise Allowance scheme in all fields e.g. games development houses, record labels etc. I’d describe the ‘80s UK hi-fi scene as inherently Thatcherite. Make of that what you will!

I think the credit is deserved down to the force and personality of Michael Heseltine, imv.

Thatcher had no redeeming features, none, nada, zero she was a Cnut.

Correct.

I met thatcher in our Language Laboratory when she was minister for Education in Heaths cabinet.

She was over a hour late for her appointment.

She was spooked by me who stared at her for the whole time she stood next to our tutor, Mr Easu.

She made a comment about this and got a curt reply from Mr Easu.

Check pfm archives for further info.

It changed her and was never late for appointments following that occasion.

Checkout thatchers memoirs.

:D

Probably every mobile or IoT device you own has an ARM chip in it, as does pretty much every one on the planet. An Acorn designed chip initially developed connected to a BBC Micro. The iPad Pro I’m typing this on has a direct linage back to the BBC Micro, as does my iPhone 13. I don’t know what your knowledge of the multi-£bn computer games industry is, but a huge chunk of it owes its start to the BBC Computer Literacy project. Multi-£million companies that started out as a kid in their bedroom making games for the ZX Spectrum etc, later got on an Enterprise Allowance scheme, ended up as a huge software house developing for the Playstation, X-Box etc.

It is crazy to deny reality for partisan reasons. I absolutely detest Thatcher, but this happened.

All the above was most likely Heseltine.

Thatcher bad.

Argentina
Belgrano
The Miners
Coal
Mining communities
MET POLICE
Steel
Hillsborough
Liverpool
Scotland
Gas sell off (ditto)
Buses
Trains
Council Houses
NHS
Railway workers

Precisely.

Gawd awful woman

Susie Dent's word of the day - 'corrump' (14th century). To destroy something morally, or bring it down to nothing.

https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1533724910413139968?s=20&t=nVvJKjCX6GmPoEXpgDluXg

Not bad but I prefer Polly Toynbees use of the word, "Rebarbative"
in her op-ed piece in the Groan today.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rebarbative&rlz=1C1VDKB_en-GBGB938GB938&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1. Rebarbative and unpleasant, the skunk's smell made passersby gasp with disgust. :eek:

The objective has to be to destroy the Conservative Party for long enough to implement a functional democracy and avert the UK’s decline into fascism. As such keeping Johnson in power is the logical first step. There is no way in hell he can win the next general election.
You know what? I think that if he survives the CP would win again. I really do. You knew I was a snake, before you took me in. And the idiots will again.

Thatcher bad.

Argentina
Belgrano
The Miners
Coal
Orgreave
Mining communities
MET POLICE
Steel
Hillsborough
Liverpool
Scotland
Gas sell off (ditto)
Buses
Trains
Council Houses
NHS
Railway workers
you forget the deindustrialisation of the North and poll tax.

You know what? I think that if he survives the CP would win again. I really do. You knew I was a snake, before you took me in. And the idiots will again.

Johnson has proven to be 100% untrustworthy and entirely self-interested in every aspect of his life since childhood. The one thing we can guarantee is if he remains in post the stream of shit will continue as it is what he does all the time. It is clear the public at large have now had enough, and I really don’t think it is a blip. The masses now see him the way folk like me always have done. He is what he is and as Cold War Steve repeatedly portrays this emperor has no clothes.

My fear is someone like Jeremy Hunt takes control. If that happens then yes, the Tories will very likely win the next election as perfectly understandably most people couldn’t tell him apart from Keir Starmer.

With Johnson the Conservative Party are right out in the open as a racist corrupt alt-right Trump-clone party. Just hideously Marjorie Taylor-Greene/Nigel Farage-grade bad. The spotlight is firmly on their lies, racism and blatant corruption. Sure, a minority will like that racism, nationalism, cruelty etc, but the overwhelming majority of people won’t. If someone like Hunt gets in the Tories deploy their centuries old cloaking device and are back in stealth mode and that will be impossible for a Labour Party as vague and just plain bad as Starmer’s to compete against. We’d be back to two dull grey men in corporate business suits selling the same hollow focus-group tested middle-ground rhetoric in the same non-committed way. We’d be right back to arguing about tribal tie colour as there is no substance beneath. After that Hunt would quietly get back to doing what he does best, selling the NHS.

Johnson is the only hope we’ve got. #BackBoris!

He'll survive, what odds can I get?

He’ll hopefully survive, and the beauty is, like Trump, he is such an entitled sociopathic prick from birth he won’t resign shortly after a VONC the way Thatcher, May etc did. The world will have to invent a larger shit-shovel to scrape him out of No.10 before a GE, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he pulled a Trump there too.

#BackBoris #NoGiantShitShovel

The haunted pencil today states if Spaffer wins by one vote we should count that as a win and he should stay.
The same man organised the VOC against the Maybot and when 1/3 of the party voted against her he said her position was untenable.
Hypocrite much?

The haunted pencil today states if Spaffer wins by one vote we should count that as a win and he should stay.
The same man organised the VOC against the Maybot and when 1/3 of the party voted against her he said her position was untenable.
Hypocrite much?

In fairness he puts on a pretentious cartoon-posh accent which means he is entitled to lie to us 24/7 under ancient Eton law. Doff your cap to the 18th century tapeworm and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back