advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thatcher had no redeeming features, none, nada, zero she was a Cnut.

Spot on! There are only two contenders for worst PM ever and they are thatcher and johnson. No one else comes close. I'm not sure which is worse, the cold calculating ideological evil of thatcher or the incompetent, criminal, self serving bluster of johnson. If I had to choose then thatcher.... for coldly and calculatingly shutting down entire industries in the full knowledge of the devastation that would ensue in mining and steel-working etc communities. It takes a weapons grade cnut to destroy the lives of the people of whole towns based on a profit and loss ledger!
She further compounded her evil by then passing loads of laws, to keep those who had lost everything pinned down under the tory jackboot and unable to fight back.

LOL, The Sun’s “political editor” seems to think a fawning supportive letter from Johnson’s bent £billionaire tax-exile donors actually helps (Twitter)! Nadine Taylor-Green is repeating it on Sky as a type too.

Tory party donors are obviously worried that after buying one PM they might have to buy another one before the next election…

Thanks TL,

A useful list of signature names for re-evaluation taxation purposes.

I'm not sure which is worse, the cold calculating ideological evil of thatcher or the incompetent, criminal, self serving bluster of johnson.

You forget May actually killed people illegally deporting them in the Windrush scandal, and both Cameron and May drove many disabled people on benefits to suicide due to punitive and deliberately cruel cuts to housing benefits etc. Also look at the sweeping fascism towards Roma etc.

There are no good ones.

PS The point I was trying to make upthread with Thatcher is at least one could find two things in a whole catastrophe of errors that she got right. Cameron, May and Johnson got absolutely nothing right. Not a single innovative, creative, kind or humanitarian policy anywhere in any of these governments. Just a relentless punishing of the poor, disabled or non-white for the benefit of a tax exile elite Tory donor class. Robber barons all.

No idea what the rambling nonsense means must be a bat signal or something.

Thatcher good, IT nonsense etc.

Thatcher bad.

Argentina
Belgrano
The Miners
Coal
Orgreave
Mining communities
MET POLICE
Steel
Hillsborough
Liverpool
Scotland
Electricity sell off (very prescient)
Gas sell off (ditto)
Buses
Trains
Council Houses
NHS
Railway workers

she closed the shipyards.We had the largest merchant navy in the world and have ended up having our ships built abroad !
Privatised Water - we now have our rivers and beaches overflowing with raw sewage
Flogged school playing fields,along with NHS ,British Rail etc land
The windfall that was North Sea oil was squandered on unemployment benefit and tax cuts - contrast that to Norway which used its revenue to pay for infrastructure projects

Last edited:
Finding Dorries savaging of Hunt on Twitter hugely entertaining. She reminds me of someone I once worked with whose default, indeed only setting, was to react to the merest hint of criticism with unbridled rage.

I doubt he’ll be toppled tonight but it’s the beginning of death by a thousand cuts. Dorries, Rees-Mogg et al are hugely aware of this and are behaving like cornered rats. Delicious.

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1533763405844185088

There’s very few people for whom I have a genuine hatred. But Thatcher’s open gloating at the sinking of the Belgrano and her celebration of the horrific deaths of three hundred Argentinian teenage conscripts, and her complete indifference to the grief of three hundred Argentinian mothers, led me to the conclusion that she was nothing other than pure evil.

No idea what the rambling nonsense means must be a bat signal or something.

Thatcher good, IT nonsense etc.

Thatcher bad.

Argentina
Belgrano
The Miners
Coal
Orgreave
Mining communities
MET POLICE
Steel
British Leyland (botched split and sell off)
Hillsborough
Liverpool
Scotland
Electricity sell off (very prescient)
Gas sell off (ditto)
Buses
Trains
Council Houses
NHS
Railway workers
Breaking Trade Unions
Employment Rights

I hope you don't mind; I wanted to add a couple of extra bits...

There was nothing there I didn’t know, but it is extraordinarily powerful hearing it all together in one piece. The key take-away here is the Conservative Party knew all of this in advance and they went with him as they felt he served their interests. The are scum. No better than the similar shit lining-up behind Trump in America.

PS Please do consider helping finance LBD, they do great work and I’m more than happy to bung them a tenner now and again to keep a spotlight shining where it should.

The moment he is perceived as a dead man walking he'll be dropped by the party, and by his supporters within the party, like he was never there. They'll airbrush him out just as soon as they think they can get away with it. Hopefully he'll be toxic to his other employers and prospective employers, too. He'll have to learn how to get by on his PM's pension.

LOL, The Sun’s “political editor” seems to think a fawning supportive letter from Johnson’s bent £billionaire tax-exile donors actually helps (Twitter)! Nadine Taylor-Green is repeating it on Sky as a type too.

Tory party donors are obviously worried that after buying one PM they might have to buy another one before the next election…
For some reason there’s a lack of Tory donors with Russian names on that list. I wonder why?

The moment he is perceived as a dead man walking he'll be dropped by the party, and by his supporters within the party, like he was never there. They'll airbrush him out just as soon as they think they can get away with it. Hopefully he'll be toxic to his other employers and prospective employers, too. He'll have to learn how to get by on his PM's pension.
He will be brought forward every time there is a need to blame some one for the past disasters as the blaming of the last Labour gov. for all our present ills is wearing wafer thin. It is a bit like an abusive spouse saying " Sorry, but I've changed now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back