advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A truss is a structure, wood or steel, that consists of members organised into connected triangles so that the overall assembly behaves as a single object. Trusses are most commonly used in bridges, roofs and towers.

Liz Truss has the same intellectual capacity.

She’s in way over her head just being an MP. When she speaks I see fear in her eyes that this might be the day for another “cheese speech” moment. She lives her political life terrified that she will be found out.

A truss is a structure, wood or steel, that consists of members organised into connected triangles so that the overall assembly behaves as a single object.

What a coincidence.

Slightly snipped Wikipedia entry:

The Italian term fascismo is derived from fascio, meaning 'bundle of sticks', ultimately from the Latin word fasces. The Fascists came to associate the term with the ancient Roman fasces or fascio littorio, a bundle of rods tied around an axe.

The symbolism of the fasces suggested strength through unity: a single rod is easily broken, while the bundle is difficult to break. Similar symbols were developed by different fascist movements: for example, the Falange symbol is five arrows joined together by a yoke.

Doesn’t mention cheese being a disgrace though, so maybe not a real match.

I'm undecided on that. It may usher in the rise of the house of Sunak, or (God help us) Gove. Neither of which would be an improvement. Given the choice, I might, if pressed, favour Gove, but only because Sunak is more likely to stay in favour longer, and therefore more likely to get the Tories reelected; but Gove as PM would risk us being taken to a very disturbing place, I think.

He’s a wrong un, the British equivalent of a certain chicken farmer who rose to deputy leadership in Germany in the 1930s,

aR56FYq.jpg

They’ve groped the nation. Maybe Johnson will put the rest of the family in the HoL along with the brother?

“Can be over friendly” …with your arse.

w6HGtM1.jpg

Populist (far-) right wing ideologue defends family of populist right wing leader against allegation of sexual assault by heavily implying that when he sexually assaulted her it wasn't a problem.

Fair enough, seems fine, let's drop it & move on.

I’ve only just got in, but turn on Sky News now! Johnson is up before a select committee and he is absolutely bloody clueless. A total fraud and blaggard.

I’ve only just got in, but turn on Sky News now! Johnson is up before a select committee and he is absolutely bloody clueless. A total fraud and blaggard.
People say it’s just an act, that behind the bumbling facade is a genius and a political Titan….

Exclusive: Boris Johnson’s callous jibe about married life with Carrie Symonds
https://archive.ph/kwWmH

Prime Minister Boris Johnson to sue The New European over “buyer’s remorse” article
https://archive.ph/roHrr

"I was called last night (Thursday) at 10.30pm by a man who identified himself as being from Downing Street Communications office, but whose name I didn’t catch. His opening gambit was: Boris Johnson is going to sue The New European for defamation.
“I won’t go into the rest of the conversation in detail, but suffice to say I made it clear to him that this was not a threat that troubled me greatly and we stood by our story. "
“After a few minutes, the caller eventually told me: ‘You just crack on then mate’ and put the phone down...
...“The next morning, I established that the phone number of the caller belonged to Jack Doyle, the Downing Street Director of Communications.
“I now understand Downing Street denies they threatened legal action, to which all I can say is I stand by our story, and our story about the story. If Boris Johnson changes his mind again and decides to sue, we’ll see him in court.

Screenshot-2021-11-19-at-15-44-26-Parody-Boris-Johnson-Boris-Johnson-MP-Twitter.png

Exclusive: Boris Johnson’s callous jibe about married life with Carrie Symonds
https://archive.ph/kwWmH

Prime Minister Boris Johnson to sue The New European over “buyer’s remorse” article
https://archive.ph/roHrr

"I was called last night (Thursday) at 10.30pm by a man who identified himself as being from Downing Street Communications office, but whose name I didn’t catch. His opening gambit was: Boris Johnson is going to sue The New European for defamation.
“I won’t go into the rest of the conversation in detail, but suffice to say I made it clear to him that this was not a threat that troubled me greatly and we stood by our story. "
“After a few minutes, the caller eventually told me: ‘You just crack on then mate’ and put the phone down...
...“The next morning, I established that the phone number of the caller belonged to Jack Doyle, the Downing Street Director of Communications.
“I now understand Downing Street denies they threatened legal action, to which all I can say is I stand by our story, and our story about the story. If Boris Johnson changes his mind again and decides to sue, we’ll see him in court.

Johnson really is a piece of work - Edie Mair was really relatively kind - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2013/mar/24/boris-johnson-accused-nasty-video

They’re getting ready to move him on, even the usual Tory supporting members of the right wing press are sticking the knife in. The other question is, is he getting ready to move on from Carrie as the article suggests?

They’re getting ready to move him on, even the usual Tory supporting members of the right wing press are sticking the knife in. The other question is, is he getting ready to move on from Carrie as the article suggests?

We could ask the mothers of his other children what they think........

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back