advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is it with calling politicians by their first name… even, especially, if you don’t like them or their politics?!
Pele, Socrates, Madonna, even Delia maybe ok, but stop it with politicians - it only serves to personalise them.

Oh. I thought politicians being more like 'real people' was a good thing.

I'm undecided on that. It may usher in the rise of the house of Sunak, or (God help us) Gove. Neither of which would be an improvement. Given the choice, I might, if pressed, favour Gove, but only because Sunak is more likely to stay in favour longer, and therefore more likely to get the Tories reelected; but Gove as PM would risk us being taken to a very disturbing place, I think.

A nightclub?

Gove is a worry as he is just as Trump/Tea Party extreme as Johnson. By saying that he’s just as implausible and ridiculous so would likely come unstuck pretty fast, especially as he hasn’t the elite background and contacts to buy himself out of scrutiny in the way of the usual Eton/Bullingdon Club crowd. I can’t see it being anyone other than Sunak unless he is hit by too much racism at local party level. Truss would be a gift to the opposition as she is clearly thick as pigshit. Hunt is far more of a contender, and I’d not bet much against him. He’d be bad for the country as he is vaguely plausible/normal for a Tory, but conceals a destructive private healthcare agenda. He’d no doubt ramp-up the selling of the NHS to whoever pays the party the most.

Gove is a worry as he is just as Trump/Tea Party extreme as Johnson. By saying that he’s just as implausible and ridiculous so would likely come unstuck pretty fast, especially as he hasn’t the elite background and contacts to buy himself out of scrutiny in the way of the usual Eton/Bullingdon Club crowd. I can’t see it being anyone other than Sunak unless he is hit by too much racism at local party level. Truss would be a gift to the opposition as she is clearly thick as pigshit. Hunt is far more of a contender, and I’d not bet much against him. He’d be bad for the country as he is vaguely plausible/normal for a Tory, but conceals a destructive private healthcare agenda. He’d no doubt ramp-up the selling of the NHS to whoever pays the party the most.

if she goes as far as the members vote, It's going to be Liz Truss because she is the darling of the party members.

I expect we'll all be proven wrong and Boris will bumble on until the next election, or be replaced by someone no-one's ever heard of, who has a clean pair of hands. (Though this strategy backfired badly with Iain Duncan Smith).

Both Johnson and Trump have proved that being unthinkable is no bar to the highest office....

Both Trump and Johnson have schtick, they are in their own way and to their own specific demographic very, very good communicators. Trump is so good he may actually have destroyed America, we’ll find out next election! Liz Truss makes Theresa May look like Obama by comparison. So far below hopeless it becomes Dadaist comedy and YouTube meme.

Actually, she could be the new IDS; so hopelessly out of her depth that she's quickly hoofed out, with Rishi riding to the rescue.

Both Trump and Johnson have schtick, they are in their own way and to their own specific demographic very, very good communicators. Trump is so good he may actually have destroyed America, we’ll find out next election! Liz Truss makes Theresa May look like Obama by comparison. So far below hopeless it becomes Dadaist comedy and YouTube meme.

I agree that Truss is giving short planks a bad name but having been absolutely sure that no electorate could elect Trump or Johnson I will not rule out the possibility of PM Truss......

I agree that Truss is giving short planks a bad name but having been absolutely sure that no electorate could elect Trump or Johnson I will not rule out the possibility of PM Truss......
She's asked permission to hire a digital media guru to enhance her Instagram content, according to a story in the DM last month. The theory is that this is to counteract the rise of Sunak.

I know, who on earth would see her as a contender? She resembles a GP’s receptionist with all the personality of a coat stand. You just know she’s going to open her mouth and put her foot in it and boy, will the tabloids be ready and waiting.

she’s also someone who hasn’t learned to titrate her attention seeking-

jdC2BhU.jpg

I know, who on earth would see her as a contender? She resembles a GP’s receptionist with all the personality of a coat stand. You just know she’s going to open her mouth and put her foot in it and boy, will the tabloids be ready and waiting.

jdC2BhU.jpg

A little unkind... here's a reminder of her razor-sharp intellect:

jdC2BhU.jpg
She always reminds me of Miranda’s tiny blonde friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back