Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Oct 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I attended a meeting in the boardroom of an NHS hospital about 8 years ago. On the wall was a letter from Gentleman Jim and the wife under a photo of them meeting the director at the opening back in the late 70s , thanking the chap for sending the photo and saying how much the pic would remind them of a most enjoyable visit.

2. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

A glimpse inside how his mind works and a rare moment of honesty. I wonder if this is regular conversation in Number 10? Perhaps a frequent suggestion when they discuss how to reduce the number of people in poverty?

Snufkin likes this.
  3. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

Start with feeding Johnson and the rest of his cabinet and cronies to the fish

4. billo

billo pfm Member

There is far too much Sh*T in our waterways as it is, see other threads for details :)

5. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

6. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

I don't think old Bertie Booster is going to like COP 26 much and he's an irrelevent court jester as far as G7 are concerned.

He's all about over optimistic pledges and misleading commitments that he then won't be around for, not having homework marked or being held to account on fresh oil production. Having the UK's part of the Paris homework marked is likely to feature strongly, he won't enjoy that and blustering away at new promises as if old ones don't exist is unlikely to cut it as easily there as it does here.

Snufkin likes this.
  7. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

No problem saying anything and lying through his teeth.
    He'll be in the Lords or overseas before the majority catch on, if they ever do

8. TheDecameron

Snufkin likes this.
  9. puddlesplasher

puddlesplasher pfm Member

An increase in NI payments to raise 36 billion for the NHS and social care and it’s the same amount wasted on track and trace. A bit of a coincidence.

Snufkin, ff1d1l and TheDecameron like this.
  10. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

Welcome back Rob Roberts MP can rejoin the party after sexually harassing staffer.
    "The independent report found that Roberts had accepted that “aspects of his behaviour” towards the staff member were “inappropriate,” and had offered to apologise – but he “rejected the categorisation of his conduct as ‘sexual’, preferring the term ‘romantic’”.

Subsequent attempts to persuade the staff member to go for a drink with him “amounted to no more than an attempt to reset their professional working relationship”, the MP claimed."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rejoin-party-after-sexually-harassing-staffer

11. TheDecameron

I’m fascinated by the Conservative hierarchy’s attitude to Private Francois. No further action from the CPS, yet the gob on two legs has been airbrushed out of the picture. I know he’s a thick little xenophobe but when was that ever a barrier to getting ahead as a Tory?What gives?

12. TheDecameron

COP26: the world’s a stage and here’s the British Prime Minister on it.

[​IMG]
    The Grifter is in over his head.

Snufkin likes this.
  13. Enfield boy

Enfield boy pfm Member

Is Pres. Biden explaining that Boris is holding the pen incorrectly?

Snufkin, gavreid and ff1d1l like this.
  14. TheDecameron

He’s looking and thinking “Britain Trump” and recalling former Conservative Party leader IDS’s appreciation: “We don’t need lectures on the Northern Ireland peace deal from Mr Biden. If I were him I would worry more about the need for a peace deal in the US to stop the killing and rioting before lecturing other sovereign nations.”

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  15. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

I don't think he'll be asking Caroline Lucas for a reference anytime soon. https://www.theguardian.com/environ...d-cop26-boris-johnson-is-an-absolute-disaster

Snufkin and kendo like this.
  16. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Looks like the Tories are about to ring-fence crooked corporate lobbyist/“MP” Owen Patterson. It is clear Tory sleaze and criminality has been back for a long time now and is ramping up with each administration. The crooked C19 contracts for donors proved that beyond doubt and to the tune of £bns of our money. This again indicates they are quite prepared to ignore or rewrite the law, Parliamentary Standards in this case, in order to keep their thieving hypocritical faces firmly in the feeding trough. Pure Trump-grade contempt for democracy and the rule of law.

ff1d1l, Snufkin, Covkxw and 1 other person like this.
  17. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

It's all about "taking back control". Meanwhile, they're now applying it to the Ofcom job for Dacre, apparently. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/nov/03/paul-dacre-departs-from-daily-mail-after-42-years

18. TheDecameron

Exactly the tactics of their cousins in the GOP- never apologise, go on the offensive. Patterson was caught bang to rights with his hand in the till and instead of upholding Parliamentary standards, they are providing covering fire for him. Same when they tried to covertly influence the judge in the trial of a convicted sex offender, one of their own, Charles Elphicke MP.
    Corruption is endemic in the Tory Party and the fish is rotting from the head.

PsB and Tony L like this.
  19. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Yeah, couldn't believe the open barefaced endorsment of grifting this will be when I heard it on R4 this am.

20. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Is this all there is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.