advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Yes, I don't really understand the variability of delivery. Still with DHL although EVRI tell me they are expecting my parcel. Certainly seem to have drawn the short straw going by other purchases.
I must have just caught the van to the airport - ordered 21 Jan, delivered 10 minutes ago. Surprised at both the speed of delivery (based upon past purchases) and also the low number - 0860 / 5000

Some have said the DSOTM 50th anniversary box set is disappointing. Perhaps in view of this, a new UV picture disc will be released in April. It will be in the format of 2 clear records, single sided, with artwork on the non-grooved sides.

There are already opportunists on eBay listing it for up to double the pre-order price.

Just my luck: BOTR and Who's Next HS 50th LPs arrived today (good) but, shortly after, had to drop everything and head to do hospital vigil 120 miles away (not so good). So my first impressions, particularly of the 'under-dubbed' disc - will have to wait a few days....

Arrived today. Not a crease on it. Although it took some time it looks like I got served first......

Marquee Moon
It gets worse from my end - Parcel got as far as local EVRI depot (Bridgend), went out for delivery on 22/1/23 but is 'lost' somewhere between Bridgend and Swansea (my destination).
I've been told to get back to Rhino about a replacement whilst EVRI investigates....Just my luck:confused:

It gets worse from my end - Parcel got as far as local EVRI depot (Bridgend), went out for delivery on 22/1/23 but is 'lost' somewhere between Bridgend and Swansea (my destination).
I've been told to get back to Rhino about a replacement whilst EVRI investigates....Just my luck:confused:
Hope you get it sorted. It's a drag that the Rhino HiFi series are US only.

Cheers Mike - In fairness it was as soon as it got to within 20 or so miles from my address the thing gets lost!
Bad news, can't carry out the final bit of the journey! The sad news is if you have to have another shipped out it won't have as low a serial number.

I changed my home address to Post office collection when it arrived in the UK as I thought the likely hood of needing signature or proof of identity as it is tracked would be high & I knew I'd not be there to collect & therefore may go astray.

Bad news, can't carry out the final bit of the journey! The sad news is if you have to have another shipped out it won't have as low a serial number.

I changed my home address to Post office collection when it arrived in the UK as I thought the likely hood of needing signature or proof of identity as it is tracked would be high & I knew I'd not be there to collect & therefore may go astray.
Mine supposed to be delivered to my works address (as I do with nearly all records).
Not bothered about the serial number tbh, more concerned about the bugger selling out - As long as I get one in a decent state I'll be happy:)

Already mentioned in the Music room by others (thanks guys). But not in this thread (to my knowledge)...

There's a new Mark Knopfler Album due for release on the 12th April:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-River-VINYL-Mark-Knopfler/dp/B0CQPK6499/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
One needs a preview of what's on offer. A large sum to pay out & IMO SOME of his previous offerings haven't been terribly great. His also getting older & his singing getting no better (not that he could sing in the first place), rather like Peter Gabriels.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I finally got around to listening to Marquee Moon, two weeks after the record arrived.

I think Mike Esposito and Michael Fremer are both right.

I do like that the new release is cleaner and more "informative", without the headache-inducing harshness of the US first pressing. But the vocals and guitar have been brought back into the mix, they're part of the proceedings instead of standing out. Drums seem more visceral though. There's still not a lot of bottom, Fred Smith's bass is kind of buried. I suppose it's good to have both versions, but I wish we could have the best of each.

I suspect some vacuum-tubes were involved in the Kevin Grey remastering, the original sounds very transistory.

Here's a link to a thread on the Hoffman forum from a couple of years ago, apparently there are versions that are even harsher than mine:

Maybe that's what Esposito has?

I wonder if the multitracks still exist? I think a remix could be fun.

advertisement

Back