advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

stevenwilson_remixes.jpg

Oooh 6lp's

Oooooh

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/yes-the-steven-wilson-remixes/

Mmmmm that looks promising. I'd love to hear what he does with Relayer. Are there any downloads with the vinyl?

Official announcement from Universal:

On August 24th the classic Virgin-era Japan albums 'Gentlemen Take Polaroids' and 'Tin Drum' are being given a special limited release as half-speed mastered 180gram vinyl editions.

Mastered at Abbey Road Studios, each album will be issued in a gatefold sleeve, 2LP set, playing at 45rpm.

Both albums will also be available in a 180gram single LP edition playing at the standard 33rpm.

Pre-order now: https://Japan.lnk.to/HalfSpeedMasters

Reactions: koi
Official announcement from Universal:

On August 24th the classic Virgin-era Japan albums 'Gentlemen Take Polaroids' and 'Tin Drum' are being given a special limited release as half-speed mastered 180gram vinyl editions.

Mastered at Abbey Road Studios, each album will be issued in a gatefold sleeve, 2LP set, playing at 45rpm.

Both albums will also be available in a 180gram single LP edition playing at the standard 33rpm.

Pre-order now: https://Japan.lnk.to/HalfSpeedMasters

It seems the 2LP sets are already sold out, can that be right?

I don't know, it came up on FB via Steve Jansen, I posted it on here, then ordered both on 2x12" about ? 3 hours ago.

I did look on Amazon first, they had the single record version on pre order but not the 2x12"

Paul McCartney confirms new album " Egypt Station", also and this is really exciting news The Beatles White Album remaster is almost complete. :eek:

Thanks Tabs, I bought them from RT earlier tonight when I saw them posted on another forum. It was the only place with a PO still open, sure sold out quick and RT were of course more expensive than all the other stockists. Why do I procrastinate over something i want.

Arrived today - so far very good, vinyl flat, no warps. The Yes Album sounds great, mix sounds quite different from what I remember from the original issue,
the SW version being more dynamic and alive.
I'll have to dig up my UK copy to see if its my memory playing tricks...
Unfortunately no download coupons with the vinyl. Artwork is changed from the originals, particularly CTTE which has a totally different cover. Anyone else received theirs?

Arrived today - so far very good, vinyl flat, no warps. The Yes Album sounds great, mix sounds quite different from what I remember from the original issue,
the SW version being more dynamic and alive.
I'll have to dig up my UK copy to see if its my memory playing tricks...
Unfortunately no download coupons with the vinyl. Artwork is changed from the originals, particularly CTTE which has a totally different cover. Anyone else received theirs?

Yes I Have mine, listened to CTTE yesterday, sounds fantastic.

just in time for Xmas
David Bowie Loving The Alien (1983 – 1988) - 15LP
88 Page hardback book

Let’s Dance (remastered) (1LP)
Serious Moonlight (Live ’83) (previously unreleased) (2LP)*
Tonight (remastered) (1LP)
Never Let Me Down (remastered) (1LP)
Never Let Me Down (2018) (previously unreleased) (2LP - side 4 is etched)*
Glass Spider (Live Montreal ’87) (previously unreleased on vinyl) (3LP)*
Dance (2LP)*
Re:Call 4 (non-album singles, edits, single versions, b-sides and soundtrack music) (remastered) (3LP)*

advertisement

Back