advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

SHAME debut album songs of praise out on Friday.
Great new young band with loads of energy especially live. Probably not many people on here will have heard or like them.
Check them out, you old farts

Moby's Play B-sides is receiving a first time limited pressing LP, only 1000 copies so if you want it act quick

For anybody interested in quality soul music the Acid Jazz label is re-releasing "Hutson" and "Hutson II" by the late, great Leroy Hutson on 23rd February.

Turns out Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds has been reissued on vinyl to mark its 40th anniversary. Before you go and buy a copy, however, it's worth noting that it's not the original mix that's been released here, but the mix from 2005 that was released on SACD. I've got an original LP as well as the SACD edition, so I'm not sure if I need another copy, but the word on the street (at Amazon) is that it's well good all the same :)

War of the Worlds

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
SHAME debut album songs of praise out on Friday.
Great new young band with loads of energy especially live. Probably not many people on here will have heard or like them.
Check them out, you old farts

I already have, and I am.

Shades of Big Country ? you hipsters.

Any news on the reissue of massive attack's Heligoland? It was supposed to be last Friday but seems to have been pushed back. There was also someone on eBay selling a reissue box set but that got pulled and I can't find and reference to that anywhere else

Bowie's remastered Low is being released this Friday - click here to order from Amazon.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The Love - Forever Changes 50th anniversary box set vinyl, CD, booklet and DVD the release date has been put back to 6th April.

Regards,

Martin

Any news on the reissue of massive attack's Heligoland? It was supposed to be last Friday but seems to have been pushed back. There was also someone on eBay selling a reissue box set but that got pulled and I can't find and reference to that anywhere else

I feel like I only just bought the original issue. And the spangly 12". Must be getting old.

The Shadoks. Not a typo, those of a certain age might just remember them from TV in the late 60s. Bonkers French cartoons with twisted logic and an equally crazy soundtrack. What’s not to like?

Tony-friendly link.

PS on probably the best-named record label ever.

27th April
Massive Attack - 'Heligoland' 2LP reissue

Had to look it up - 2010 originally released and the EP 2009. I still think of it as the new one I should play more often. Anyone want a Werther's original?

EDIT/NOTE: as a couple of fishes have asked if I'm selling my Heligoland, no I'm not - I just meant to highlight my decrepitude and terrible memory with a Werther's Original comment.

My apologies for any confusion caused.

I shall hand in my baton of office, retire to my estates and write my memoirs.

Consul Thing

Last edited:
Joe Bonamassa Live, British Blues Explosion, release date May 18th. on Provogue.
It is, as the title says, his tribute to the great British blues guitarists, Clapton, Page and Beck are mentioned; recorded live in Greenwich, available on 3LPs (Red,white & blue or black), 2 CDs. Bluray or DVD.

advertisement

Back