advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

The Love - Forever Changes 50th anniversary box set vinyl, CD, booklet and DVD the release date has been put back to 6th April.

Regards,

Martin
One of those records I have on vinyl from the early 70s ( after Zigzag readers voted it best record of all time back in the day) then, when I moved to CD, bought in that format - now tempted to buy in a new vinyl format. Victim of capitalism or what?!

Announced a couple days ago, Wire are to issue remasters of their first three albums in limited CD Editions with extras... regular vinyl is coming in June and you can preorder right now from Amazon... I did!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/s/ref=sr_nr_p_lbr_music_artists__0?fst=as:eek:ff&rh=n:229816,k:wire+vinyl,p_n_binding_browse-bin:382539011,p_lbr_music_artists_browse-bin:Wire&keywords=wire+vinyl&ie=UTF8&qid=1521740425&rnid=2565831031

I was really looking forward for this to happen as original pressings are just way too expensive and the 4 Men With Beards versions from the mid '00s are dissapointing. Hope these remasters are up to it.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Pink Floyd Pulse remaster on vinyl release on May 18th, 4 x 180g LPs, remastered by James Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman includes four different inner sleeves and a 52 page hardback photo book in a thick card slipcase. It includes One of these Days, not previously included. The track listing differs from my Pulse concert DVD.
Haven't seen a price yet, but sounds expensive.

Just seen this from team rock.com/news.

Last edited:
Pink Floyd Pulse remaster on vinyl release on May 18th, 4 x 180g LPs, remastered by James Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman includes four different inner sleeves and a 52 page hardback photo book in a thick card slipcase. It includes One of these Days, not previously included. The track listing differs from my Pulse concert DVD.
Haven't seen a price yet, but sounds expensive.

Just seen this from team rock.com/news.
£89 on the river pre-order. As I have the original vinyl, I'm not sure capitalism will take hold. I do listen to it but not often enough to justify the remaster whereas I have bought the remaster of other PF releases.

I am keen to hear some tracks from the new APC. MJK's last two Puscifer albums have been superb, Tool is the least interesting thing he does :p

There are 3 tracks already released. The Doomed, Disillusioned and TalkTalk. I like them.

Lateralus for me is an amazing uncomprimising masterpiece

One for the jazz funkers (if there are any here). Only ever officially released in Japan this LP of mostly Herbie Hancock cover versions recorded in 1979 at CBS/Sony, Tokyo features a top notch cast including Herbie himself, Webster Lewis, Alphonse Mouzon, Paul Jackson, Bill Summers and Bennie Maupin with vocals by Kimiko Kasai. Contains excellent versions of I Thought It Was You and my personal favourite Butterfly.

Released on the Be With Records label on 180gm vinyl on 20th April.

CS512079-01A-MED.jpg

£89 on the river pre-order. As I have the original vinyl, I'm not sure capitalism will take hold. I do listen to it but not often enough to justify the remaster whereas I have bought the remaster of other PF releases.
Unfortunately, much to my regret I missed the original vinyl, which are far too expensive s/h now, as I was more into CD, but having sorted my TT to reveal more, I decided to "give it a go", as they say. Hope I won't be disappointed.

I have not been following these releases very closely . Do they release them as individual albums as well instead of just super duper deluxe whatevers?

The only one I want is The Ghost Of Tom Joad. It is almost worth buying the box set just to get it considering the price that the original is fetching second hand.

I suppose I could try and sell off the ones I don't want from the box?

Last edited:
Well, looking at Discogs all the individual albums from the previous Vol.1 box-set was released stand-alone too.

I’m sure this was announced a long time back, then disappeared, but:

Gillian Welch, Soul Journey on vinyl

has a new release date announced for this summer.

Kevin

The Shadoks. Not a typo, those of a certain age might just remember them from TV in the late 60s. Bonkers French cartoons with twisted logic and an equally crazy soundtrack. What’s not to like?

Tony-friendly link.

PS on probably the best-named record label ever.
Was this shown in English then? I've only ever seen it in French.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back