advertisement

A light hearted wondering what is the best job in the world?

I recon you're jelly.
Not sure. You have an abrasive streak that suggest its not all sunshine.

Actually yes I am. Nothing wrong with being a miserable cnut. I am most of the time. And I'm skint. Might as well take the cash too.

Not sure. You have an abrasive streak that suggest its not all sunshine.

Look who's talking, but is anyone all sunshine? I don't think so.

Actually yes I am.

NSS

Nothing wrong with being a miserable cnut.
I am most of the time. And I'm skint. Might as well take the cash too.

That reads like something from Viz, but with the wit and punchline removed.

Me too. I had my retirement between 18 and 30. I did absolutely nowt. In a band and taking drugs until 25. English teacher in Thailand and taking drugs until 30.

Then I got a proper job. It was shit between 30 and 47, then I got made redundant.

Good times.

That reads like something from Viz, but with the wit and punchline removed.

41911151372_8c02d12c86_z.jpg

Compound interest wanted to be your friend. doh!
Which is the best way round, though?

I have a multi-millionaire friend, we were at school together from nursery school til 16. He walked out of London Uni after 3 weeks because he thought he was wasting time. He came home and worked for his step-dad in a bakery on the factory floor because he wanted to learn business. We didn't really see him in his 20s.

He asks the same question. Which is the best way round? Me skint, him rich. No answers between us.

Still - if you say I am a failure, then I am a failure, so you can now conclude your silly little argument.
Ah, another masterclass from the flouncemeister.

Mick, a few thoughts:

Firstly, a pedantry point - retirement isn’t a job, so even allowing for the lighthearted nature of the OP and thread, shoehorning in another excuse to brag just makes you look a bit needy.

Secondly, success isn’t making a pile and having a comfortable retirement, it is living a satisfying and meaningful life. If you retired at 61 that suggests you didn’t love your job enough to keep at it but couldn’t afford to quit it earlier, which implies you wasted your best years doing something you didn’t really like doing overmuch. That’s a shame.

Still, enjoy your retirement eh.

rich

There is no best way of life imo, it's what's most satisfying and enjoyable for the individual.
But re: saving for old age it's a simple fact that the earlier the better.

John

All jobs have a downside. That is why they have to pay you to induce you to do them. This stuff really isn't difficult..

The first job I really enjoyed, was being a weaver in a Cotton Mill. The joy of it was that I just had to turn up and 'mind' a set of looms for 8 hours. It was mostly like driving a car. Automatic.. which left time for thinking about other stuff, planning time off, etc.

The next was being a Careers Adviser. Sort out your caseload.. stick to your ethos and tell detractors to do one.. Sadly, I didn't count on Blunkett, Milburn and Gove.. but then who did?

I’m pretty sure that in a recent thread about retirement we all agreed to not talk about retirement until I’m retired.

Joe

advertisement

Back