advertisement

A light hearted wondering what is the best job in the world?

Still

You are now just arguing for the sake of it and it's becoming tedious and basically you have killed it with the boredom factor.

Still

You are now just arguing for the sake of it and it's becoming tedious and basically you have killed it with the boredom factor.

This is a mediocre variant of 'daddy, make it stop' or 'big boy came and took my ball'.
Could Mick have been so desperate to convince pfm of his great successes over the years because he fears he's a bit of a failure?

Last edited:
Still - if you say I am a failure, then I am a failure, so you can now conclude your silly little argument.

Still - if you say I am a failure, then I am a failure, so you can now conclude your silly little argument.

tbh what I think doesn't matter. The important issue is how big a gap there is between reality and how you present yourself on pfm, and how to improve your obviously low self-esteem.

[QUOTE="Still, post: 3440254, member:

imo that's akin to failure. I was 45.[/QUOTE]
How old are you now?

Full disclose - during those seven years I have undertaken a couple of jobs for my former employer, but only 2 - 4 weeks long.

fwiw, and in the hope of cheering up Seeker UK, I am currently located in a Premier Inn near Swindon.
No sign of Lenny Henry, but the room has a view over a roundabout so very much when in Rome ...

fwiw, and in the hope of cheering up Seeker UK, I am currently located in a Premier Inn near Swindon.
No sign of Lenny Henry, but the room has a view over a roundabout so very much when in Rome ...

Pop 'round and see MIck. May make the evening nicer...

I imagine Mick is too busy being successful for the likes of me.

Would that be the magic roundabout, or does that come later. We have one here too!

No, it's not that posh a branch of PI :~)

20180725_201117.jpg

Taken through fixed net curtains - presumably to prevent curtain twitching.

I reckon it's too young. Get back to work, you lazy arse.
I recon you're jelly.

Anyway, I have worked much harder, certainly physically, since I retired!
We grow a fair amount of fruit and veg (in season), and I g̶e̶t̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶g̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ volunteer to help at my sprogs school.
I've also volunteered at a few charities, although currently only one.
My job was considered by some to be the best in the world - TV post production editor, which was often little more than sitting around watching TV.

S**t the bed, I'll be working until I'm 70. I'm sure...
Me too. I had my retirement between 18 and 30. I did absolutely nowt. In a band and taking drugs until 25. English teacher in Thailand and taking drugs until 30.

Then I got a proper job. It was shit between 30 and 47, then I got made redundant.

advertisement

Back