advertisement

6 Music goings on

And yet whatever else changes at 6 Music, the dreary prat Lamo retains his afternoon drive time slot. How can this be? Does he have a cult following among our young people?

If only all of them would just spin the discs and shut the f*ck up . Not one of them has anything to say that I want to hear.

( rant over )
Well, that’s radio, it’s not all about you;) Loads of people really like Giles Peterson whereas I find him an insufferable bore.

Radio Paradise is hard to beat IME.

Reactions: Joe
Let joy be unconfined; Lamo will be leaving his drive time slot on 6 Music in October to spend more time with his family.

Met him at a gig (think it was The Kills when they first toured) in Wolverhampton. He was loitering at the back with his entourage and I was fairly lubricated. Told him in no uncertain terms what I thought of his playlist on R2 evening slot and his ‘lightening seeds indie lite drivel’.

He took it all very well. Still can’t stand the twot though.

Oh that’s a shame, a genuine guy & a proper music fan. I doubt the replay will be an improvement.

Well he will still be in that slot one day a week. At least the Tue-Fri replacement isn't yet another dance show. I don't mind Lamacq's content, it's his voice/accent that winds me up. No-one else in the world talks like that, do they? "Fontines Die Sigh" etc

Well he will still be in that slot one day a week. At least the Tue-Fri replacement isn't yet another dance show. I don't mind Lamacq's content, it's his voice/accent that winds me up. No-one else in the world talks like that, do they? "Fontines Die Sigh" etc
He’s had a good run & will probably pop up on R2 or a commercial station.

He’s from Essex and sounds like he is. Although these days the Essex accent seems to have changed as well.

He’s been a fixture for much of my musical life - the Evening Session with Jo Riley was a staple of my youthful listening. He likes a certain type of music (white boys with guitars), but he’s done a huge amount for new music and supporting local live venues.

His show is tired now, so I’m not bothered he’s going down to one day a week. Can’t say I agree on the dismissal of “dance” music though - for all its “new music” statements, 6Music continues to plough a fairly narrow musical furrow.

Huw Stephens is currently on Radio Wales from 7pm - 10pm 3 days a week and is very entertaining. Plays crowd pleasers, Welsh music and also does great interviews. He had Stewart Lee on a while ago for a whole hour. I will miss him.

Lammo hung in way longer than his sell by date, when others were moved on. I used to listen all day nearly, I rarely turn it on now other than RadMac on catch up on my commute.

Cheers BB

The last Don Letts Sunday night show last night, he’s being shunted to Saturdays. Really enjoy Sunday afternoon/ evening on 6music. Hope they’re not going to mess it about too much, but it’s rarely a good sign when they start shuffling around presenters.

advertisement

Back