advertisement

6 Music goings on

I'm fine with LL replacing Keaveney, who was never as funny as he imagined.

I've never been able to abide Mary Anne Hobbs due to her voice, I didn't think it was possible for any DJ to sound more smug than Jo Whiley, but somehow she manages it!

Lauren started off with Radiohead everything in its right place and tubeway army’s are friends electric?

I still miss keaveney but she plays better music!

The whole daytime schedule is messed up. LL isn't right for breakfast, Shaun isn't right for the afternoon and MAH isn't right at all. Steve Lamacq is the one who should have moved, his programme is so dull. Looking forward to Mark Radcliffe coming back at the weekend, although I'll have to listen to that on catch up.

Cheers BB

I love Lauren, but not sure she’s quite right for breakfast. Her old slot was perfect I think. Weirdly I’m much more into Keavney in the afternoon than I ever was in the morning.

Rarely listen to music radio, tend to consume a lot of Podcasts & dip into R4. Cannot stand Ravenscroft but I did not like his dad either so no surprise there. Laverne? Something about her grates, just doesn't sound genuine. Mary-Anne Hobbs is just too earnest, does anyone really care that much about anything?

Shaun is the king of 6 IMO, love the way his breakfast show has transferred almost unscathed into the afternoon which allows me more time to listen. He at least brings a good dose of humour to the station, the Tony Hancock of 6 Music.

LL, not a massive fan but thought her mid-morning show worked a whole lot better than it does at breakfast.

MAH - Oh God, let it stop, that lilting, hippy, Manc accent just does my head in. Check out when she was on Celeb Mastermind a couple of years ago, for somebody who supposedly owns billions and billions of records, she was embarrassing, a particular question regarding the Beatles sticks in the mind. Late night Sunday evening is where she belongs.

RADMAC - Miss them now, they should be in the MAH slot.

I'm fine with LL replacing Keaveney, who was never as funny as he imagined.

I've never been able to abide Mary Anne Hobbs due to her voice, I didn't think it was possible for any DJ to sound more smug than Jo Whiley, but somehow she manages it!

She always sounds like she's just about to run out of breath to me.....

Can't stand SK, about as funny as a fart in a lift.

SL - dull as dishwater, definitely got a face for radio (although I'm not one to talk).

I'd quite happily listed to RADMAC all day.

If it was Danny Baker in the morning and RADMAC in the afternoon this would be a content and happy little workshop ;-)

This. I would joke that I'd like to kick her to death or some other exaggeration, but some ninny might actually try to take this as literal. So instead I turn her off when she's talking and tut at the radio a lot.

Gave LL another chance, had to turn off again when she started talking about 'Curating the Music'. You're a Disc Jockey FFS.

Cheers BB

One thing I'm not over keen on with 6 Music, is that they seem to have a small playlist of oldies. You've got 60 years or more of musical history behind you, yet they seem to stick to the same few hundred tracks instead of an infinite pool, and those tracks often seem quite random.
Another thing is that there are huge swathes of good new music that are almost totally ignored, all the time while their latest trendy names dominate the airwaves. I won't name those acts but other people might well do.
Having said all that I would still listen to 6 in preference to the countless sound-alike, 80s-obsessed local commercial alternatives.

I don’t have to put up with any of this 6 Nonsense as it doesn’t appear to feature on my vintage Sansui FM tuner!

More terrible decisions. So Marc Riley's listening figures are up and yet they're chopping him and Gid Coe out of the schedule to a shared slot twice a week, no doubt replaced with even more crap presenters/shows.

I was currently only listening in the evenings as I have binned the day time off completely in favour of Spotify all day, at this rate there'll be nothing left worth listening to.

More terrible decisions. So Marc Riley's listening figures are up and yet they're chopping him and Gid Coe out of the schedule to a shared slot twice a week, no doubt replaced with even more crap presenters/shows.

I was currently only listening in the evenings as I have binned the day time off completely in favour of Spotify all day, at this rate there'll be nothing left worth listening to.
Mary Ann Hobbs still plays some decent stuff in the morning.

I believe it's one day of Gid, one day of Marc and two shared shows. I can't see how the shared shows will work as they have completely different styles. Daft idea.

Just listening to the last Riley show, promises to be a cracker.
Has introduced me to many great bands over the years and read out my occasional e mails. All round great guy.
I will now tune into Huw Stephens on radio Wales, Monday to Wednesday.

advertisement

Back