advertisement

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how may are going to show up for his full 21 gun salute departure from Edwards(?) air force base tomorrow?

Not many I would wager

Balancing possible knowledge dumps due to the fifth vs promises and loyalty; it will be interesting to see the list and subsequent fallout. Let the speculation begin.
Given his propensity to screw over his allies, I wouldn’t be surprised to find the only pardons go to his family and himself.

I wonder how may are going to show up for his full 21 gun salute departure from Edwards(?) air force base tomorrow?

I was looking for that Small-sky/Big aeroplane story about the transport aircraft that delivered the 50.000th(?) ton of cannon ordnance to a US logistics base, and got shot down accidentally by a shell fired in the formal salute organised by the Base Commander..

Steve Bell on Donald Trump leaving office — cartoon

3559.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-donald-trump-leaving-office-cartoon#comments

:D

For all of my optimism about America under Biden I’m reminded of my own trips across America and decades of neglect and marginalisation that many communities outside the major cities have suffered.

Whoever’s fault it is or is not, I’m sure if I lived there i’d be tempted by easy answers and looking for people to blame other than myself.

In that vein this series was recommended to me recently, hard to understand how places so warm an temperate can seem so bleak.

I get the impression Trump may actually be selling presidential pardons at present...

PS It is hugely disappointing they have locked Washington down to this extent. Biden deserves way better than that. They should have let things occur according to tradition and taken any armed Trump terrorists out with snipers, drone strikes etc IMO. The Republican Party should hang its head in shame. The first time in the history of the US republic that there has not been a peaceful transition of power. An utter disgrace.
Yes, but the disgrace is all Trump's. I don't want Biden taking chances. If the cememony is not delayed or marred by bloodshed, I'll count that as a peaceful transition.

Yes, but the disgrace is all Trump's. I don't want Biden taking chances. If the cememony is not delayed or marred by bloodshed, I'll count that as a peaceful transition.

Agreed. Even if T***p had not made such a mess of the transition, Covid 19 would still have put a damper on the inauguration. A celebration will still occur tomorrow but, not unlike the Democratic convention, it will be virtual and more suitable for these times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back