advertisement

Post-Trump: Biden President Elect II (Trump tantrums, riots etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just goes to show how bad things are getting in the UK. Britain has its own Trumpist/conspiracy theory problem.

Since the Conservative Party embraced alt-right ideology via links to Steve Bannon etc, stole UKIP’s xenophobic/popularist Brexit, and purged or lost any even remotely moderate MPs at the last election we now have a US Tea Party-style government. I don’t need to list the law-breaking, grift and corruption again, that is all well documented and has resulted in the government losing in court and £bns of tax revenue siphoned into party donor pockets. The UK Tory Party will be horrified that Trump has failed and that he may even be held to account for his criminality and incitement as he is them. They are exactly the same thing.

PS It’s like boiling a frog. The move into popularism, right-wing extremism and kleptocracy has happened so slowly many still don’t recognise it even with the daily barrage of lies, broken promises, the constant theft of our money and resources, the ever increasing isolationism, division and xenophobia, the ongoing removal of human rights, civil liberties etc. The water is now ‘bloody hot’ on any scale.

Since the Conservative Party embraced alt-right ideology via links to Steve Bannon etc, stole UKIP’s xenophobic/popularist Brexit, and purged or lost any even remotely moderate MPs at the last election we now have a US Tea Party-style government. I don’t need to list the law-breaking, grift and corruption again, that is all well documented and has resulted in the government losing in court and £bns of tax revenue siphoned into party donor pockets. The UK Tory Party will be horrified that Trump has failed and that he may even be held to account for his criminality and incitement as he is them. They are exactly the same thing.
Interesting that Sir Mark Sedwill (recently retired/ousted Cabinet Secretary) felt the need to publicly state today that Boris will be pleased that Trump is gone.

Interesting that Sir Mark Sedwill (recently retired/ousted Cabinet Secretary) felt the need to publicly state today that Boris will be pleased that Trump is gone.

Johnson went from correctly identifying him as a dangerous idiot to sucking his butt in short order. He's a total weathervane and completely devoid of conviction, so I wouldn't take what he says about Trump, Biden or anything else seriously. He would have backed Remain had that been the route to No 10 for him. Johnson hasn't changed since Hastings employed him and observed........

"He will say absolutely anything to man, woman or child that will give them pleasure at that moment, heedless of whether he may be obliged to contradict it ten minutes later. Second, having registered his wild-card status as a brand, he exploits it to secure absolution for a procession of follies, gaffes, idiocies and scoundrelisms, such as would destroy the career of any other man or woman in journalism, never mind government."

Johnson calculated on exploiting leverage from Trump to getbrexitdun. He understood the possibilities of flattering Trump and laying out a few morcels like the NHS for Trump’s backers. Even Theresa May had a go at threatening Brussels, knowing that Trump would back her. She’s gone, Trump is gone and we just have to wait for the obese, breathless Johnson to lay down the heavy burden long before 2024.

Johnson hasn't changed since Hastings employed him and observed........

"He will say absolutely anything to man, woman or child that will give them pleasure at that moment, heedless of whether he may be obliged to contradict it ten minutes later. Second, having registered his wild-card status as a brand, he exploits it to secure absolution for a procession of follies, gaffes, idiocies and scoundrelisms, such as would destroy the career of any other man or woman in journalism, never mind government."

He may come across as a bumbling two-faced oaf blustering through life but IMHO he is just as psychopathic as Trump. A zero empathy zone. A bully. An absolutely ruthless class-warrior. He will strip-out the assets of the UK for his oligarch class until there is nothing left, workers rights too as they are but a commodity to be similarly exploited, and like his peers/associates Rees Mogg, ERG, Trump, Farage, Banks, Bannon etc he is more than happy to use far-right concepts and popularist rhetoric to achieve that aim. Johnson is remarkably dangerous and will leave the UK in a hopeless mess assuming it even survives as an entity at all.

He may come across as a bumbling two-faced oaf blustering through life but IMHO he is just as psychopathic as Trump. A zero empathy zone. A bully. An absolutely ruthless class-warrior. He will strip-out the assets of the UK for his oligarch class until there is nothing left, workers rights too as they are but a commodity to be similarly exploited, and like his peers/associates Rees Mogg, ERG, Trump, Farage, Banks, Bannon etc he is more than happy to use far-right concepts and popularist rhetoric to achieve that aim. Johnson is remarkably dangerous and will leave the UK in a hopeless mess assuming it even survives as an entity at all.

All this is true, but if Johnson lost the next election do you think he would do a Trump, claim the election was rigged and try to overturn the result? Somehow I can't see him going that far.

All this is true, but if Johnson lost the next election do think he would do a Trump, claim the election was rigged and try to overturn the result? Somehow I can't see him going that far.

I think the difference is Johnson will have done all he wants by then. My bet is he’ll be gone well before the next election. He is IMHO psychopathic, but doesn’t have the same degree of narcissism as Trump. No less self-interested, but far brighter. He will likely be more than happy to step down and let someone else clear up his mess, as he has done throughout his life. The cheques will all have been cashed, the money siphoned offshore and there will be a very well paid future as a vacuous celebrity for the rest of his life. Trump lost, but Johnson will win.

All this is true, but if Johnson lost the next election do think he would do a Trump, claim the election was rigged and try to overturn the result? Somehow I can't see him going that far.
His backers would have a bloody good go- though their standard technique is a pre-election campaign of disinformation and slander of political opponents that would make even Rudi Giuliani weep hair dye

I think the difference is Johnson will have done all he wants by then. My bet is he’ll be gone well before the next election. He is IMHO psychopathic, but doesn’t have the same degree of narcissism as Trump. No less self-interested, but far brighter. He will likely be more than happy to step down and let someone else clear up his mess, as he has done throughout his life. The cheques will all have been cashed, the money siphoned offshore and there will be a very well paid future as a vacuous celebrity for the rest of his life. Trump lost, but Johnson will win.
Yes, Johnson prime chat show material- I can even picture Graham Norton cueing his bon mots up as Johnson sits man spreading, hands on thighs, eyes swivelling for the audience reaction, new book out, Carrie long replaced by a newer model.

gLpHTem.jpg

Am not by nature a clock watcher, but with only 23 hours and 30 minutes left in the orange sh*t storm’s reign, it is hard not to!

I get the impression Trump may actually be selling presidential pardons at present...

PS It is hugely disappointing they have locked Washington down to this extent. Biden deserves way better than that. They should have let things occur according to tradition and taken any armed Trump terrorists out with snipers, drone strikes etc IMO. The Republican Party should hang its head in shame. The first time in the history of the US republic that there has not been a peaceful transition of power. An utter disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back