advertisement

Trump Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me who thinks he looks like Gollum?
Personally I tend towards the following comparison:

c6aeaba039ba41d69a9dbce8c3523ec471-11-gollum.rsquare.w1200.jpg

0_Dominic-Cummings-special-advisor-for-Britains-Prime-Minister-Boris-Johnson-walks-outside-Downing-S.jpg

Interesting - I've just been on a conference call involving our US associate (an enthusiastic Trumper), and he is convinced that Trump is going to win bigger than in 2016. Moreover, he is going to win states that he didn't win last time, such as, possibly New York (I find that hard to believe - an old Republican-voting colleague resident in New York always said there was no point in his voting). His reason apart from wanting it to happen? He says that surveys show that 60% of people believe themselves to be better off now than they were 4 years ago.

He also thought that this Hunter Biden laptop is a big deal and that an indictment would follow. I had the impression that this was a piece of genuine fake news.

Interested to hear the views of our US contributors.
For the most part people just use their reasoning capability to construct rational-sounding stuff to say to others. Actual decisions, such as who to favor in the presidential race, are made deeper in the brain. Your friend's conscious personality then does whatever it needs to in order to construct a verbal reality he hopes will make his bond to Trump seem reasonable to you.

People in Florida and Alaska have received emails threatening violence if they don’t vote Republican. Disgusting tactic which I hope has no effect on voters, but I worry about the elderly and the vulnerable.

Note the email likely did not come from this particular domestic white supremacist group. The emails were routed through servers in Estonia and Saudi Arabia. Hopefully DHS can identify the actual source(s) soon.

i0PolVO.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/politics/threatening-emails-sent-to-voters-florida-alaska/index.html

Likely from a state actor, or a major party. The database resources to match up voter's emails and party affiliation are not available to persons without a big data infrastructure.

Likely from a state actor, or a major party. The database resources to match up voter's emails and party affiliation are not available to persons without a big data infrastructure.

Agreed 100%. I just hope whoever is responsible is found and held to account.

Agreed 100%. I just hope whoever is responsible is found and held to account.
Agree. This silly threat will not suppress many votes, but still, some non-zero number will be affected. If it can be tied to the GOP or Trump personnel, there are crimes in this. At the very least, sanctions for foreign actors I would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back