advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Granddaughter #2 over today.
Discussed her options for studying to exams at school. G-Kid wants to work with animals, veterinary or like (just like her Mother did at that age) - she may end up as a Medic or Nurse is my bet.
G-Kid does love history, particularly around the time of Henry the Eighth. Described Geography as boring, as did the other G-Kid a week ago. She is taking German and is studying Japanese in her own time. Good girl. Lots of science, TICK.

This G-Kid is obsessed with Japanese culture, anime and Cos-Play at the moment. Booked for a local Comic-Con soon. I cannot remember her character name, some Japanese Anime that I don’t know.
I presented said G-Kid with a heavy wooden Katana to add to her sword collection. She was delighted!
Yesterday evening I had an argument with The Wife about giving the child a genuine wooden practice sword. Wife predicts broken lamp fittings, general mayhem and assaults. I said “bollocks.”
Checked with The Daughter today, who laughed and said to give her the sword, who cares if things get broken. Daughter used to fight with her Brothers with the very same sword/s (I have two of them, no good just having one! o_O )
Back to my default setting now - planted in my listening chair with a pile of new music to listen to. Changed the toe-in angle of my speakers by half an inch, as usual I am convinced this is audio nirvana, until the next time I fart about with them…

Ordered a new pair of earbuds, using up the balance of "points" in my work reward scheme (had to put £21 towards it).

https://amzn.eu/d/6BRH8B1

Then booked a week in Corfu for early August that the wife found, going with TUI. Very close to the airport, so good for the boys plane spotting passion. Will be there for his 15th birthday....where did all that time go?

ah got it . yes waiting times are longer . i nnoticed this today

if I wanted dealer spec new and in stock, I could get one in a week. But we are seeking a change, next car might see me into retirement so monthly repayments need to be as close to the car allowance that my Mrs gets

ah got it . yes waiting times are longer . i nnoticed this today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64586573

Sales of second-hand cars fell sharply last year as fewer used models came onto the market, industry figures show.

A shortage of parts driven by Covid meant fewer new cars were produced, and people hung on to their cars longer as they waited to upgrade.

Some 6.9 million used cars changed hands, down from 7.5 million in 2021, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT).

However, it said the situation was starting to ease.

The SMMT also said sales of second-hand electric vehicles had bucked the trend.
Does that last bit mean that first owners can’t wait to get rid of them?

Been to get my hearing tested at Glouceter Royal Hospital this morning. My right ear is fine but my left isn't. I've now got to see the E.N.T. people as the lady I saw thinks I've got a blockage inside the ear. The only trouble will be the wait, which could well be over a year, or so she reckoned. The wax was all clear in both ears. It's good news in one way, in that it may be sortable without a hearing aid, but I could really do without the long wait.

What a weird day.
The Yeti was crying out for wash…
I went to 4 separate fuel stations and the car wash was broken at all of them.
So I thought about going to one of those places were the men look dodgy and the car wash sign is handmade. Asked how much? £8 I find out (eventually) from the man who had to ask another man how much it would be. Stuff that.
Had to go into Nottingham to take an amp back to Richer Sounds. Arc car wash absolutely rammed, nope. Sainsbury’s, broken.
So in the end I went back to a place I had seen in the morning, the car wash was being repaired when I had seen it earlier, so I gambled that it would be fixed. Hurrah! it was, so I spent £5.99 on the posh wash rather than the £3 cheapo wash.
I am not going to bother describing the hassle I had finding a tyre/air machine that was working, needless to say, it was at the same place as the eventual operational car wash.
Really buzzes my head when faced with something basic turning into a trek up the North Face of the Eiger. Without a sherpa.

All good now - even remembered to get The Wife a Valentine card! It is the only thing she is bothered about - doesn’t want extortion flowers or any crap, but the card is essential.

Testing positive for bloody CV19 :mad: and that's all of us as well after last weeks trip to Dunkeld!

First my folks, then myself, my wife & her folks...

Started dropping like flies on the Monday, only got there Saturday and we were home by Wednesday...

Horrible!

Had some time with a fellow fishie today listening to tannoys and ar6

Went to a house showing leak in ceiling. Having taken up floor I track leak to loose tiles around bath. Real pitb because fixed before but below is like cardboard. I don't know what to do except take off tiles and redo .not easy with a family and 2 young kids and only one bathroom. Getting a tiler to have a look

Testing positive for bloody CV19 :mad: and that's all of us as well after last weeks trip to Dunkeld!

First my folks, then myself, my wife & her folks...

Started dropping like flies on the Monday, only got there Saturday and we were home by Wednesday...

Horrible!

Horrible..our nursing home just closed to all visitors except one per client due to covid outbreak

Busy couple of days. Back at gym yesterday, quite like the rowing machine. I find it is a bit like swimming breaststroke with the separation of the arms and legs, the calories/hour read out will help me find out what my limits are.
Today I planted a washing line, dug out the hole yesterday, got it leveled this morning and after lunch had my first try at using Postcrete. Had 2 bags after they were in decided there was plenty room for a third so nipped to B&Q for another. Probably used a little too much water but you can't turn back time. Will get the top on it tomorrow.
Planting washing line by Cecil Taylor, on Flickr

This is my second Valentine's day since Heather passed away. While we never made a great fuss about it we always marked the day with cards and flowers. So the flowers were delivered to the kirkyard again this year. Beautiful day here so took the e-bike to help with my fitness added another errand so around 14 miles, using as little assistance as I can get away with. Anyway better for me than sitting in the car :rolleyes:

Visited the Aston Martin factory at Grayson this morning to pick up my…..

Actually it was for a meeting. Can’t talk about it as you have to sign a NDA but in reality all I saw was the staff Car Park.

Cheers BB

What a weird day.
The Yeti was crying out for wash…
I went to 4 separate fuel stations and the car wash was broken at all of them.
So I thought about going to one of those places were the men look dodgy and the car wash sign is handmade. Asked how much? £8 I find out (eventually) from the man who had to ask another man how much it would be. Stuff that.
Had to go into Nottingham to take an amp back to Richer Sounds. Arc car wash absolutely rammed, nope. Sainsbury’s, broken.
So in the end I went back to a place I had seen in the morning, the car wash was being repaired when I had seen it earlier, so I gambled that it would be fixed. Hurrah! it was, so I spent £5.99 on the posh wash rather than the £3 cheapo wash.
I am not going to bother describing the hassle I had finding a tyre/air machine that was working, needless to say, it was at the same place as the eventual operational car wash.
Really buzzes my head when faced with something basic turning into a trek up the North Face of the Eiger. Without a sherpa.

All good now - even remembered to get The Wife a Valentine card! It is the only thing she is bothered about - doesn’t want extortion flowers or any crap, but the card is essential.

Can ye no wash the wee beastie yersel?...

i have a 2014 Outdoor Elegance 2.0 ltr t/diesel here and it disnae take a lot of effort to get the bucket and chamois oot ...

jist sayin'.

Recovering from a lovely Valentines Day, an hour in the gym with trainer and then start packing for holiday next week.

Waiting for bloody UPS. Starts with 'between 9.00 and 13.00' and then drifts to 'by end of day'. I have better things to do (mostly)

advertisement

Back