advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

shortlsting - drilling holes in some sheet metal to expand the fridge magnet wall capacity. Given the lead times, thinking about a new car.

Decided my desk needed a tidy up today. A years worth of drawings and documents piled up all over, tools and bits of tools not finished. Then spent about 15 minutes shredding the docs (including having to put a new bag in) only hung on to half a dozen for stuff I am currently working on. A trip to the machine shop on Monday to offload a 50mm thick plate of ally, about a 300mm square (can't think why I hung on to that!), and a bag of scrap odds and sods for the scrap bin. Stole a couple of Linn bins from production to put the 'keep' stuff in.

Supposed to have a 'clear desk' policy....ho hum.

Today my wonderful The Wife presented me with an unexpected gift.
A spectacular orange corduroy shirt! :cool:

This shirt now completes my corduroy shirt quest of several years.
I now have about a dozen corduroy shirts, although it might be 15+ shirts. :)
The colours include: purple, yellow, dark blue, sky blue, maroon and a sumptuous green. All block colours, no patterns. No black, charcoal or grey.

Trying to convince The Daughter to swap her upright piano that needs tuning badly, for an electric one. Daughter is highly resistant. Bloody kids

Maybe just get it tuned? At the end of the day a good acoustic piano is a far superior instrument to a Clavinova.

:)
I have just been over to The Daughters house and had an argument about her piano.
She will not entertain an electric piano.
So the quest to get it tuned continues.

Part of me thinks, ‘how hard can it be to tune a piano? isn’t just like a big guitar?’
If I can learn to tune one key, then it is a piece of peas…
Will youtube be my friend?
Note: I realise this is pie-in-the-sky thinking, but I could at least have a go.o_O

as that. my bench top is usually hidden with tools/materials etc etc I have tried to keep it clear but have found this impossible, so I now make myself tidy up before every tea break, it does help

the piles of records in various states of grading/cleaning gives the hifi room a look of industriousness that makes me feel that I am doing something on any given day.
I use the floor because all that mess will not fit on a desk.
It is tidy, in my head.

Last edited:
ah got it . yes waiting times are longer . i nnoticed this today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64586573

Sales of second-hand cars fell sharply last year as fewer used models came onto the market, industry figures show.

A shortage of parts driven by Covid meant fewer new cars were produced, and people hung on to their cars longer as they waited to upgrade.

Some 6.9 million used cars changed hands, down from 7.5 million in 2021, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT).

However, it said the situation was starting to ease.

The SMMT also said sales of second-hand electric vehicles had bucked the trend.

advertisement

Back