advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

I was thoroughly impressed with Rico Lewis tonight, excellent reading of the game from one so young, and he earned the little slice of luck in front of his own goal, when he threw himself in front of the ball.

He has been at the club since he was 8 and was promoted straight from U18 captain to the first team. He is a very technically accomplished player with a football brain. Early days, but he has a very promising career ahead of him.

A good second half from City. Spurs, well...Tuchel in.

tis possible. read a strange quote from him saying he was a TH supporter, apparently he had to select a team from the uk for a CL game with friends when a youngster, he chose TH because he liked the name. e&oe
I reckon he might suit us

I don't think any top manager is going to stay at Tottenham for a significant period all the while Levy is involved.
Tuchel would be logical and would follow in the footsteps of other ex Chelsea managers who have gone to Spurs (AVB, Mourinho & Conte).
If I were a Spurs fan :eek: I'd be begging Poch to come back.

Chelsea's role as feeder club for Tottenham management hasn't benefited Spurs too much. But at least there's a steady flow of managerial rejects from Chelsea to keep the relationship going. Can't say I would like to see Tuchel at Spurs, he looks an embittered little rodent. Maybe when Fat Frank gets the heave-ho from Everton we'll get him.

FWIW Spurs tried to get Potter after they sacked Mourinho. We're just biding our time until he fails at Chelsea.

There's no arrogance - he has dropped players who haven't been delivering, generally speaking. It hasn't worked out but until the 44th minute, there's no way you would have predicted that scoreline at half time.

I nearly did. I predicted Man C would recover from the two goal deficit to score five in the second half.

Looking forward to todays relegation six pointer - Liverpool v Chelsea.

Last edited:
Another great win for Burnley, who are now 5 points clear at the top of the championships and a whopping 19 points clear of the playoffs. They were relentless in clawing back the game from 0:1 down against an inform WBA.

LiVARpool have been getting the rub of the green against Chelsea for as long as I can remember - stick on home win.

I won’t be betting on Chelsea again having put a tenner on them to win the PL this year having seen them outplay Tottenham at the beginning of the season but then you sacked your world class manager and put the new Steve Bruce/Pardew/Alladyce in charge.

Last edited:
Observations from the first half:

Gakpo - sounds like the name of a drain unblocking company is playing like one too.

Cucuellas hair.

If only Gomez could stay not get injured so often he could be the kind of mobile centre back England need

Mount - complete waste of oxygen as usual.

Chelsea fans are a disgrace chanting Jurgen, Jurgen he’s a c*, dont think I have heard that word chanted at a game before.

Normally I'd consider a draw at Anfield a good result but Liverpool are so poor at the moment it's definitely 2 points dropped.
No idea what Potter's tactics were in the 2nd half - we could have stayed out there for the rest of the weekend and not scored.

Normally I'd consider a draw at Anfield a good result but Liverpool are so poor at the moment it's definitely 2 points dropped.
No idea what Potter's tactics were in the 2nd half - we could have stayed out there for the rest of the weekend and not scored.

It was a poor match.

It was a poor match.
Agreed - it looked like what it was - a mid-table clash between two bang average sides.
Encouraged by what I saw from Mudryk when he came on but Mount needs to forget about a new contract and do something on the pitch - he's been poor all season.

Agreed - it looked like what it was - a mid-table clash between two bang average sides.
Encouraged by what I saw from Mudryk when he came on but Mount needs to forget about a new contract and do something on the pitch - he's been poor all season.

It's a strange season of form for many teams, especially those whose players had a high presence in the WC.

advertisement

Back