advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The size of the swings are greater than Tory HQ would have anticipated but they are stuck with the auld BJ for another year as he won the no confidence vote only recently. Win-win for the opposition in my book.
But they aren’t.
The Tories can change the rules or senior Tories can give him a loaded revolver.

Could all the tories who've resigned not form a breakaway party? I haven't been keeping tabs on numbers, but surely we're approaching the point where they outnumber those who have not resigned, if that point has not already been reached.

Great results btw.

Time for a Ampelkoalition.

Yup, pretty sure they’ll give Boris the heave-ho. The useful idiot has served his purpose. Time to replace him with a new face in a smart suit. That will probably be enough to make the Tories competitive again at the next election.

Looking at Newsnight yesterday evening and I despair for the UK electorate. The apologists for Bojo and the Tories in the audience were mind boggling. All the covid deaths, the Dido app , all the scandals with contracts, the parties, the mess of Brexit, the NI protocol etc and they seem to be unmoveable. Continuing to make tepid excuses for Bojo. Not sure the electorate are even joining the dots that it is not just BJ it is the entire structure of the Tory party.

The Tory MP being allowed to continually interrupt people in the audience and the panel. None of the other participants engaged in that behaviour. It is so obvious and easy for a chair person to shut down.
Mick Lynch of course there would have to be a bit of Irish in him was excellent and nailed Bojo. But the audience should have been completely behind him. It was a mixed reaction. What is it with Joe Public. Here is someone representing the majority. They should all be rowing in behind him. The BA union rep on the news was also excellent. He side stepped correctly the linking of Labour and Starmer and nailed the facts. Shame on Ireland in this one with Willie Walsh as CEO.

Hope this is the first sign of the tide turning in favour of an alternative government. I hope the Lib Dems, Labour and the SNP get their act together and act together to rid the UK of the Tories. Compromise and coalition is the only way out of the mire.

Yup, pretty sure they’ll give Boris the heave-ho. The useful idiot has served his purpose. Time to replace him with a new face in a smart suit. That will probably be enough to make the Tories competitive again at the next election.

That's the fear I have. The Faithful assume that all the problems disappear with Boris. The modus operandi remains the same.

Somehow I doubt it. Whoever replaced Boris (and he won’t go without a fight) would face the same existential dilemma. Are the Tories a free-market low-tax party, or are they a levelling-up, interventionist party?

It’s a simple choice now. If you want the tories out, you have to vote Labour. Anything else such as Lib Dems / green just dilutes the vote and seats. In the same way many people vote Tory because they can’t bear the thought of a labour govt, if you can’t bear the thought of another tory govt, you have to vote labour.

It’s a simple choice now. If you want the tories out, you have to vote Labour. Anything else such as Lib Dems / green just dilutes the vote and seats. In the same way many people vote Tory because they can’t bear the thought of a labour govt, if you can’t bear the thought of another tory govt, you have to vote labour.
Is this a sensible stratagem in our Con/Lib marginal?

And Oliver Dowden has walked.

FV_cXJ0XkAAuBqx

My initial thought was it looks more like him falling on his sword to take the blame for their recent performance, but his last sentence about loyalty to the party suggests he's had enough of the current leadership.

Nonsense. If you live in a constituency where ANOther party comes a close second to the Tories with Labour a distant third, you vote for the second place party, and vice-versa if Labour is a close second and the LibDems or whoever a distant third. Otherwise the ‘not-Tory’ vote is dissipated and the Tories stay in power.

As Mencken put it: ‘For every complex problem, there’s a solution that’s simple, straightforward, and wrong’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back