advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any obligation for the PM to answer questions put to him during PMQ’s?
I don't think so. For instance, the online version of Erskine May covers questions to Ministers to which an answer has been refused, here. As usual, when it comes to the British Constitution, it's an inadequate fudge.

I’ve no idea, nor does a majority of English people.

What does a minority in Scotland find so attractive about the nationalist Sturgeon?
With politicians you are always looking at the best of a bad lot. No-one knows what Labour in Scotland actually stands for, and whether that's the same as London based Labour. The fact that they shared a platform with the Tories in "Better Together" didn't help. The Tories have a good sized minority support in Scotland, but that's all. The Lib Dems are still widely reviled for their pact with the Tories, so that pretty much leaves the SNP if people actually want to get out and vote, and there is a feeling that Sturgeon is at least genuine, rather than a bare-faced liar like Boris.

With politicians you are always looking at the best of a bad lot. No-one knows what Labour in Scotland actually stands for, and whether that's the same as London based Labour. The fact that they shared a platform with the Tories in "Better Together" didn't help. The Tories have a good sized minority support in Scotland, but that's all. The Lib Dems are still widely reviled for their pact with the Tories, so that pretty much leaves the SNP if people actually want to get out and vote, and there is a feeling that Sturgeon is at least genuine, rather than a bare-faced liar like Boris.
Do Scots seriously expect Labour to support breaking up the UK? Labour is correctly against that idea. If the tories have the same position on that question why is that a problem? It’s not really sharing a platform, it’s agreeing on a single point of not breaking up the UK.

In general, I suspect when some people criticise Labour for not standing for anything what they really mean is Labour isn’t offering everything they want.

By the way, there are a lot of tory voters in Scotland. I posted the numbers earlier.

bb915f8917029ad6ef2df168f59588c0ebc91002.jpeg

Crace eavesdrops in on winner donors dinner party conversation with depiffle and co...

The politics sketch

The dinner party from hell: Boris, Theresa and Dave
John Crace

Following news that a dinner with Johnson, May and Cameron was auctioned for £120,000, John Crace imagines the conversation

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/23/the-dinner-party-from-hell-boris-theresa-and-dave

I wonder who pays the bill? But then, £120k for access to a country’s leader is small change, especially for a leader as greedy as this one. Maybe that’s the plan, and I’ve fallen for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back