advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

I would love to know how they keep their prices so low compared to others , some like the saga pre are same price as several years ago

hifinutt---

I imagine labor, rent, tax, tax breaks, etc. in the (new?) Schiit manufacture site in Corpus Christi, Texas are very cheap. Versus HQ California.

A MINI DSP 10x10 for EQ and control of my Subwoofers
Would you please let me know how you go? I would like to explore the very same set up with my stereo sub woofers.
Can I please ask - will the Mini DSP replace your dac and/or pre amp?

Innuous mini music server and power supply. Decent bit of kit after overcoming some initial, pesky set up issues. All CDs now stored on there and safely boxed away.

Just snagged an A&R T21 FM tuner for £40. Always wanted to try one. May supplant my Creek. Very tempted to snag an A60 amp today at Stamford Hifi! Nice little second system?
Mmmm.

Would you please let me know how you go? I would like to explore the very same set up with my stereo sub woofers.
Can I please ask - will the Mini DSP replace your dac and/or pre amp?

I run an unusual set up. I simply havent got on with any of the high end processors and use a modified 9000 Panasonic analogue out to my AV2. I run each channel full range then feed parallel outputs into a minidsp 10x10 (8RCA's in LFE from the AV2 and all other channels in parallel to the minidsp) I then output to 4 subwoofers 3 x 12" and one 18". I EQ and timed the sub group to blend from 5-40 (18) and 18-70 (12's), all the channels are full range so I EQ for each channel in so I only add frequencies I miss. You can do this with a 2x4 minidsp as well, the 10x10 is better with a higher dynamic range and a better set up. Bass is very tolerant of D>A, A>D and EQ, Im not a fan of EQ at higher frequencies. I actually configure the sub blend differently for the LFE output as I find the 12's move a lot with some big peaks at 20Hz. My 18 delivers 102 db at 10Hz, but keeping distortion down is very clean at 102db at 15Hz and at 20Hz 104db sub 2% THD at the seating position. I have tonnes of headroom for music in the lower frequencies, I actually think the subsonics are tremendous at adding a feeling of space and in the room tangibility. It really adds scale

Just snagged an A&R T21 FM tuner for £40. Always wanted to try one. May supplant my Creek. Very tempted to snag an A60 amp today at Stamford Hifi! Nice little second system?
Mmmm.
I kept my A60 although I don’t use it.........for now. They drove my IMF Super Compact in a very impressive way.

I run an unusual set up. I simply havent got on with any of the high end processors and use a modified 9000 Panasonic analogue out to my AV2. I run each channel full range then feed parallel outputs into a minidsp 10x10 (8RCA's in LFE from the AV2 and all other channels in parallel to the minidsp) I then output to 4 subwoofers 3 x 12" and one 18". I EQ and timed the sub group to blend from 5-40 (18) and 18-70 (12's), all the channels are full range so I EQ for each channel in so I only add frequencies I miss. You can do this with a 2x4 minidsp as well, the 10x10 is better with a higher dynamic range and a better set up. Bass is very tolerant of D>A, A>D and EQ, Im not a fan of EQ at higher frequencies. I actually configure the sub blend differently for the LFE output as I find the 12's move a lot with some big peaks at 20Hz. My 18 delivers 102 db at 10Hz, but keeping distortion down is very clean at 102db at 15Hz and at 20Hz 104db sub 2% THD at the seating position. I have tonnes of headroom for music in the lower frequencies, I actually think the subsonics are tremendous at adding a feeling of space and in the room tangibility. It really adds scale
Thanks for the detailed reply. Appreciate the info...... This is hugely more complicated than I was considering...... But good luck to you.

Last thing I bought was a Schiit Eitr - allowing to to connect my Mac Mini (usb) to the chord Dac64 (Bnc/coax) and it works beautifully.

advertisement

Back