advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Wow, I'm going to have to get a dem in the new year.
I had a loaner for a month so was able to easily switch between the two and I didn't take long to make my mind up.
I think it really depends on what particular characteristics you look for in a dac.
The Rega produced, in my system, a rather thick bass which dramatically tightened up with the Qutest.

Last week I nearly went for a pair of Linn 530 speakers, this week I purchased a Pro-Ject VC-E compact, now I am getting more information out of my old speakers and probably the cheapest upgrade this year for my LP12. At the moment cleaning 50 years of crud from Free and Alan Parsons albums

Dynaudio 18s subwoofer arrived a few days ago but had to wait for my bro to unbox it and manoeuvre it into place under the desk as it weighs over 20kg, my spms means I am lucky if I can manage to carry my own 65kg without falling on my arse never mind another 20kg+.

Sounds mighty fine and it is surprising how small it is compared to my previous KRK 10s, simple to set up with the programmed setting for the Dynaudio LYD 48 monitors, all I had to do was fiddle with the sub volume.

Think that’s me sorted now for “end game monitoring”, unless someone wants to gift me a Kii/bxt setup.

51724319233_e90fe2ba16_3k.jpg

After a long abstinence from buying hifi stuff, I purchased a kuzma 4pt 11” arm because I’ve always wanted to try one and they’re fairly rare in the 2nd hand market so I jumped on the opportunity. Now the problem is that I currently have no TT to use it on so I need to research/find/buy one as well :D

I would love to know how they keep their prices so low compared to others , some like the saga pre are same price as several years ago

Had my Halcro DM10 pre-amp serviced in Australia. It’s on its way back for Xmas. Also bought a pair of Geistnote wyde eye BNC clock cables which are a bit of a punt but highly regarded. We shall see.

A 'new old stock' pair of Naim n-Sats, my Nth one. I was sure I'd again find that strange je ne sais quoi I always regret after selling them, but this time I only realized they are almost musically useless, nasal, squeaky, unbalanced, arbitrary. I just can't get over their sound. My hearing is probably changing. Possibly for home theatre, but not for music.

advertisement

Back