advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Nagaoka MP-50 for my incoming Sansui XR-Q7 ("stock" photo): old cart with NOS stylus from a trusted source.
image-653.jpeg

I’ve been busy, and bought a few things. First, a beautifully rebuilt Leak Stereo 20 (sounds frikin awesome).Second, a rebuilt Ear Phono Stage clone with many fab upgrades, and third
a Glasshouse TVC MK2 passive Pre amp, again with numerous upgrades.

Been a busy week, wife demanded a Hifi on the living room, as my music room is quite cold in the winter. Who am I to argue.

Next on the shopping list, another Bluesound Node 2i (preferably with power upgrades). I already have a spare Topping D90SE (I also have a standard D90), so that’s good.

i have a few half decent CD Players in the garage, though on the lookout for a nice transport, and will be looking for another turntable in the new year.

I fancy this, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nottingh...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1 but need to save a bit more.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Have taken a couple of punts lately:
S/h set of Townsend seismic isolation bars for my Meridian 5200’s (blinkin’ ‘eck!! What a difference! Shows you how much effect the floor has, even with slabs of granite under them!);
Technics SL150/SME 3009 (in original box!), to satisfy my direct drive urge and, completely self-indulgent,
Sony 930ES minidisc recorder with 30 discs! Probably never use it but what an awesome machine!
That’s my Christmas to myself sorted!!!!

Trialling an Audiolab DC blocker in my system. More info as and when I have some to give....

Innuos Zenith Mk3 - when I started my digital journey years ago I would never have believed the quality of sound achievable.
Great piece of kit.

Don't ask ... I've been on a buying spree, despite my system being in boxes due to house move! Now have 2 amps and 2 CD players ... plus SACDs I may never listen to :(

What did you replace with?

The Rega sounds so full and smooth for digital, just what I was after.
I replaced it with a Chord Qutest which, to my ears, beats the Rega in all departments - but then at twice the price.............

advertisement

Back