advertisement

Tory corruption & sleaze (lobbying, second jobs, dodgy contracts etc)

Scotland’s Private Francois spills it all out. Funny how it “only came to light” last week. Wonder why?-

“I don’t know why I did that and I noticed the mistake myself last week. I got in touch with the parliamentary authorities. I worked with them to get the register up to date. I am extremely sorry.
“This was a bad error. It was all of my own making and I tried to rectify it as soon as it came to light.”

Time for him to take his own prescription,

YeWXyyy.jpg

Ben Bradley MP appears to be a busy man. As well as his MP's duties, he works 30 hours per week Nottinghamshire County Council and 30 hours per week for East Midlands Councils. A remarkable work ethic!

The Mail has gone after Mogg now. Wonder what they want to call the dogs off?
That’s the question isn’t it.

I can’t really enjoy what’s happening to the Tories because it’s clear that British journalists knew all about this and could have told us at any stage - like, before the 2019 election, that would have been good. They sat on it because they had other priorities, which included getting the Conservatives elected, and they’ll turn all this attention off again the moment they get what they want. What is it?

I can’t really enjoy what’s happening to the Tories because it’s clear that British journalists knew all about this and could have told us at any stage - like, before the 2019 election, that would have been good. They sat on it because they had other priorities, which included getting the Conservatives elected, and they’ll turn all this attention off again the moment they get what they want. What is it?
Sunak. Hope it’s not Gove- he’s a monster. Makes Johnson look like a bumbling amateur.

Yuck. Apologies to @Brian I got the wrong end of the stick there.
Nice one, Sean.

Grant Shapps-Green-Fox-random-sockpuppet has been caught being dodgy again too, which is so unsurprising I’m amazed it even makes news. It appears he set up a lobbying company to lobby against his own government or something. It was on the TV news earlier. There’s another Tory scooping hundreds of £k too, but we’ve now been sufficiently gaslit by corrupt elites we don’t notice anymore.

PS If Layla Moran took money from the Saudi dictatorship she’s just as bad as the Conservative and Labour parties, which I have to admit surprises and disappoints me. I thought she was better than that.
Well that’s better than your earlier comment when I first mentioned it before then ignoring it. However, she has apologised so I think there is no doubt she did it, there is no ‘if’ about it.

There isn’t much difference between LibDems and Conservatives.

What is your opinion on any MP using their parliamentary facilities for non parliamentary work when they should be representing the people? What if they are taking money for it?

What is your opinion on any MP using their parliamentary facilities for non parliamentary work when they should be representing the people? What if they are taking money for it?

In the case of both Moran and Starmer it appears they used their offices as a covid-safe place, I can understand that even if I don’t feel either should be taking money beyond their job. I heard on Marr this morning that Starmer has earned well over £100k since becoming an MP (he was trying to attack Rayner with it). But, as you say, there isn’t much difference between Labour and Conservative.

PS The comedy here for me is your red team tribalism. It is a football terrace mentality. I have no team at all, so just find this behaviour absurd. Trying to prove white dog shit is better than brown.

In the case of both Moran and Starmer it appears they used their offices as a covid-safe place, I can understand that even if I don’t feel either should be taking money beyond their job. I heard on Marr this morning that Starmer has earned well over £100k since becoming an MP (he was trying to attack Rayner with it). But, as you say, there isn’t much difference between Labour and Conservative.

PS The comedy here for me is your red team tribalism. It is a football terrace mentality. I have no team at all, so just find this behaviour absurd. Trying to prove white dog shit is better than brown.

I’m not trying to prove anything, though I can tell you there is different quality of dog shit. A raw fed dog produces much better quality crap than a dog fed on kibble.

Anyway, I digress...

Red team tribalism? You just don’t get it. You invent disagreement with me on something then imagine you know me and my position on everything. I’ll spell it out. I think any MP found to be guilty of breaking these rules should be removed as an MP and a by-election take place without that person being allowed to stand for re-election. They all need to be accountable, they need to treat their position and the electorate with respect. Perhaps you can clarify this ‘red team tribalism’?

You are the tribal type here. The LibDems can do no wrong and are forgiven or excused for every tory-like move they make, Labour is to blame for everything. You’ve heaped praise on various LibDems for years and look at them. Now that’s comedy. I’d wager I’m not alone in recognising your own tribalism.

My ‘team’ is merely a hope the tory govt is replaced by something better for the majority and for the less well off/less fortunate. That does not attach me to Labour, in the real world the Labour party just happens to be the only genuine opposition. It’s nothing to do with tribalism.

Reactions: Cav
Marr came across as a Tory this morning, bit of a weird interview.

He always does. Any pretence of journalism is long gone and he’s no longer sharp enough to mask his biases. I thought Angela Rayner gave back better than she got, but she usually does. Emily Maitlis on Newsnight aside I find BBC political reporting very hard to watch these days and I don’t think it is me who has moved. The thing I find the most weird is Sky seems much more neutral. I never thought I’d ever say that!

You are the tribal type here. The LibDems can do no wrong and are forgiven or excused for every tory-like move they make, Labour is to blame for everything.

I haven’t voted LD for years! I like Layla Moran as she seems to be on the right side of most arguments and speaks truth to power whenever given the opportunity, so I am surprised if she has broken the rules, disappointed too.

I have always been a floating voter. Right from the start I have always recognised that the system is stacked and no party represents me.

As stated countless times I have tended to vote LD purely for PR as for most of my voting life they were the only party that believed in democracy on the ballot sheet. Now the Greens stand in more places I tend to waste my vote with them. I can’t in good conscience vote for either Tory or Labour as both are the failed establishment, so Green, LD, or staying at home, are my only options. Hardly tribalism!

He always does. Any pretence of journalism is long gone and he’s no longer sharp enough to mask his biases. I thought Angela Rayner gave back better than she got, but she usually does. Emily Maitlis on Newsnight aside I find BBC political reporting very hard to watch these days and I don’t think it is me who has moved. The thing I find the most weird is Sky seems much more neutral. I never thought I’d ever say that!

I've always thought he was alright, but after that I’m struggling, he came across really poorly, a bit childish I thought, Rayner didn’t take any nonsense.

(For years my son has told me he’s a useless Tory pr*ck :eek:).

<snip>

I haven’t voted LD for years! I like Layla Moran as she seems to be on the right side of most arguments and speaks truth to power whenever given the opportunity, so I am surprised if she has broken the rules, disappointed too.

I have always been a floating voter. Right from the start I have always recognised that the system is stacked and no party represents me.

As stated countless times I have tended to vote LD purely for PR as for most of my voting life they were the only party that believed in democracy on the ballot sheet. Now the Greens stand in more places I tend to waste my vote with them. I can’t in good conscience vote for either Tory or Labour as both are the failed establishment, so Green, LD, or staying at home, are my only options. Hardly tribalism!
Yes, but saying things countless times routinely gets ignored here. For example, I have said countless times I vote in a way intended to reduce the chances of a tory seat, eg I vote tactically. Yet you call me tribal. I’ve said countless times I have not supported brexit, yet you’ve labelled me alt-right and something to do with Hoey. Saying something countless times doesn’t really mean anything.

Your voting decision process is your business, but since you describe it I’ll make a gentle observation. I think it would make more sense if you included the LibDems in your bin list together with the tories and Labour. The LibDems are little different to the tories and did a body swerve of huge proportions in 2010 when they had a chance to force a referendum on PR. If that was impossible to agree they should have refused to enter into a coalition, but good old Clegg’s done ok for himself out f enabling that tory govt and the start of a lost decade+. All forgiven.

Last edited:
Jacob Rees Mogg forgets to declare £6,000,000, as one does, (London Economic).

#SackJacobReesMogg (worth checking out for no other reason than someone described him as a “haunted Victorian pencil”)

Blowback, they got them elected and it’s all falling apart spectacularly so they are putting distance between themselves and the monster they created in order to sell newspapers and continue to influence without the bothersome issue of getting elected.

Blowback, they got them elected and it’s all falling apart spectacularly so they are putting distance between themselves and the monster they created in order to sell newspapers and continue to influence without the bothersome issue of getting elected.
Sunak’s coronation may be earlier than we expected.

advertisement

Back