advertisement

Tory corruption & sleaze (lobbying, second jobs, dodgy contracts etc)

I have to admit I’ve no idea which is worse, plus there is obviously The Sun too. The latter is still all but banned in Liverpool and with good reason, I just wish other parts of the country would do the same. They are all connected to the Tory Party and Cameron even brought one of the Murdoch phone-hackers, Andy Coulson, right into the heart of government. I can’t remember if he was the one who hacked murdered schoolgirl Millie Dowler’s phone, but he was certainly guilty of enough to be jailed. Dacre is no better IMO. Just as repugnant and therefore just as in place as part of this Conservative government.

PS Whilst we are talking Tory sleaze and corruption it is worth drawing attention to the plight of poor Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe who remains detained as a hostage in Iran with her husband starving himself to death on hunger-strike outside the HoC. It appears the root of this situation can be traced back to the 1971 Heath Tory government stiffing Iran on a paid-up £450m arms deal. They paid, the political situation changed, and the Tories reneged on the business deal. It now looks that a lifetime later than they are actually going to pay their debts…
On that topic, here's what Foreign Secretary, Liz Truss, is up to, while Richard Ratcliffe starves:

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1458400634697306112

She looks about as comfortable on that bike as she would shaking hands with a poor person

Nice bike though

The owner of Triumph has donated £1.35 million to the Conservative Party. Just letting you know in case you were about to sprint to the showroom ;-)

I bought 2 Bloor Triumphs, when they were made in Hinckley. I resolved never to buy another when he moved production to Thailand. Seeing that Tweet I wish I'd bought anything else.

Too late. The chairman of Triumph is Digby Jones, Baron Jones of Birmingham.

Astonishing how a brand responsible for so many cool bikes and cars in the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s can fall so far as to have that absurd oaf in charge. I bet there are many bikers quietly crying into their pints. I don’t know a huge amount about motorbikes, but I do know two things about proper Triumphs; a) they leak oil just like a Garrard, and b) their owners all like Hawkwind. Proper bikes. A friend (Hawkwind fan, obvs) gave me a lift on a Trident back when I was about 17 and scared the absolute crap out of me!

Astonishing how a brand responsible for so many cool bikes and cars in the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s can fall so far as to have that absurd oaf in charge. I bet there are many bikers quietly crying into their pints. I don’t know a huge amount about motorbikes, but I do know two things about proper Triumphs; a) they leak oil just like a Garrard, and b) their owners all like Hawkwind. Proper bikes. A friend (Hawkwind fan, obvs) gave me a lift on a Trident back when I was about 17 and scared the absolute crap out of me!

"Comin' up Boxhill on Sunday on the back of me Triumph?"

Just a minor correction to the above - it’s not leaking oil, it’s sweating power.

This is priceless.

MzKM6Je.jpg

"As it’s revealed Geoffrey Cox has earned an extra £6m while sitting as an MP, No 10 asks if he’s interested in two seats in the House of Lords."
Some of these porkers physically need two seats. If Johnson gets in there, they’ll need an entire reinforced bench for him, Digby Jones and Frost.

What's happened to UK, we stumbled to Brexit (becoming more as a self imposed punishment), The Tories are beginning to drown in their own sleaze and Keir Starmer as a possible opposition leader is as useful as wearing slippers for wet cross country walks...

What's happened to UK, we stumbled to Brexit (becoming more as a self imposed punishment), The Tories are beginning to drown in their own sleaze and Keir Starmer as a possible opposition leader is as useful as wearing slippers for wet cross country walks...

I think you exaggerate....... Keir Starmer`s usefulness.

advertisement

Back