advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Stewards have spoken. Armchair experts post facto and borrowing uninformed analysis from teh internet do not impress. Such people strangely absent in condemnation following Silverstone....

It’s so Max’s fault, almost entirely.
He went in too fast, ran wide on the entry to the chicane, then bounced on the kerbs. He wasn’t fully alongside Lewis, and he wasn’t in full control of his car at all times. Lewis was taking an avoiding line.

If you want to take the banzai option every single time, this is what happens.

If he calmed down just a little, played the waiting game a little more, he’d be champion this year. As it is, he’s behaving like someone who couldn’t care less about anyone else.

Did Max ask how Lewis was at any point?

If I was Max I would have asked Lewis if he was ok and offered help to get out of the car if he needed it. He just walked away like nowt had happened.

I remember a rather well spoken lady on the radio some years ago explaining the origin of the term ‘Chav’
Apparently it is a reference to the ‘Cheltenham average’

A different view :)
SBkxurZ.jpg

Stewards have spoken. Armchair experts post facto and borrowing uninformed analysis from teh internet do not impress. Such people strangely absent in condemnation following Silverstone....

One doesn’t need to consult anything much to know Hamilton haters are gonna hate and predictable trolls are gonna troll predictably.

Max has a problem with his temper and he was boiling over after a terrible pit stop , I feel it was his mental attitude that lead to the incident , he could easily have backed out and still have had a chance to overtake Lewis later . I was also very disappointed that at no point did he show any concern for Lewis who had the red bull planted on his head

Hamilton drove Max off the track at Silverstone, no hate just fact.
Cav, we get it that you're not a Lewis fan. You're entitled to like who you want but it gets boring (and predictable) pretty quickly knowing you only turn up on this thread when Lewis has been involved in something but don't join in the general chat about the sport. I'm a big Leis fan but I'm not blind to his faults and will say so as and when. He wasn't in the wrong here and comparing Lewis' response to Max's after the accidents shows how blinkered you are. BTW, Lewis did ask on the radio how Max was after the Silverstone incident. You could hardly expect him to take a trip through the gravel trap to check up on him.

Last edited:
If the FIA would leave the rules alone then we would end up with a much closer grid and racing, but they like to keep on playing with the rules, which always benefits the top teams as they have the resource, better processes and cleverer people to make the best of them.

What I find really funny is the level of arrogance of the heads of aero and Technical Directors in the smaller teams, as when asked whether they want rule changes, they invariably say yes and justify this by saying that we are not winning now, so if we change the rules we think we can do a better job than the other teams and will start winning...

Also a point I have made before on PFM is very relevant. The area that teams can develop most performance from is developing the aerodynamics. With wind tunnel time and CFD have been heavily limited for years and now the top teams are allowed even less wind tunnel time than the midfield, in my view there it little excuse for the wide variation in aero performance. So each team has a responsibility for the grid being spaced out as well as the FIA.

Thanks Ian for your Illuminating insights, it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top with the new 18 inch wheeled cars next year.

Well that was dramatic!

Lewis - if i can reverse out and get this car off me i'll be back in the race - Hamilton. Glad everyone's OK, racers are going to race, i think a lot of people are saying that it was a calculated move by Max to neutralise the race?! I think he would rather be racing, just a bad decision in the heat of the moment and he's ended up playing car Jenga.
Raise a shoe! Brilliant podiums for Riccardo, Norris and Bottas, Norris' disappointment was obvious. Great race though, brilliant track Monza.

Cav, we get it that you're not a Lewis fan. You're entitled to like who you want but it gets boring (and predictable) pretty quickly knowing you only turn up on this thread when Lewis has been involved in something but don't join in the general chat about the sport.

It's a good point you make here and as a result I've just stuck him on ignore.

Can Max take the three place grid penalty and take a new power unit in the same race putting him at the back? Max seems to be losing it somewhat, perhaps the pressure of being expected to win the world title is getting to him.

Can Max take the three place grid penalty and take a new power unit in the same race putting him at the back? Max seems to be losing it somewhat, perhaps the pressure of being expected to win the world title is getting to him.

Yes he can and may well do that at Sochi where the Mercs are expected to be strong. I'm not sure about pressure getting to him, he has been a model of calm in terms of his driving for much of the season. Lewis has made more mistakes and I hope yesterday was just an isolated incident as keen to see these two fight it out on the track (not in the gravel) for the rest of the season.

advertisement

Back