advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Halo has been proven beyond doubt now, an essential safety feature. I hate to think what would have happened in the crash above without it. Next area that needs work is the safety of marshals. That’s an obvious fail this year that needs a huge spotlight shining on it until fixed.

I second that. As opposed to the drivers, marshals are hardly payed. I know, I've been marshal at rallies, a cup of coffee and a hot dog. They are suppose to run out on the track while cars are driving by, with no protection. Very dangerous.

Yeah I’ve given up now. They should have started earlier on, twenty years ago it would have been fair game.

One silver lining is that the Pole sitter would have easily have won if they did start the race and therefore I enjoy no points to the chav Dutchman.

Oh dear, F1TV have suddenly switched from the Sky feed to their in-house team. Brundle's son is insufferable.

The F1TV team seem considerably more optimistic that something will happen today.

And now they've changed back to the Sky broadcast team.

F1TV is a surprisingly amateurish effort.

What I don't get is why Sky dont have anything in reserve to put on why we wait..like the Fuji 2007 race, when the weather was much worse but before the world got softer.

Spa is a dangerous circuit for the drivers and the marshals in the wet.

Once there is significant and unpredictable aquaplaning in dangerous areas of the track, then they should not be racing.

Couple that with very poor visibility (e.g. you cannot see the car in front) and then there is no way that they should be racing.

I strongly suspect this is going nowhere, but a couple of laps necessary to keep the fans appeased..?
They should just call it a day now.

And red flagged again.
The only driver comment that I have seen is Lewis saying that he cannot see down the back straight.

Couple that with Eau Rouge and very difficult driving conditions and then it should be no surprise that it has been red flagged.

Right decision IMO, at other circuits a race may have been viable in those conditions (just), but not Spa with its fast corners and close barriers.

Ridiculous decision to award half points for this race, it should just be declared an unfinished race. The points that have been awarded might have a direct bearing on the eventual winner of the world title.

advertisement

Back