advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current system as of today (carpet still pending!). Really enjoying things even more since I finished rebuilding the Leak Stereo 20. Gels surprisingly well with the modern take on the Wharfedale speakers! It's been nearly two months and am not missing having a turntable..... yet! ;)

51177167413_9219d8dbdc_b.jpg

Lovely looking set up, how are you rating the Wharfedales?

Lovely looking set up, how are you rating the Wharfedales?

Ta. Having issues with some of it at the moment alas, but the Wharfedales are fine. Pretty amazing the performance you can get for £500. Full bodied, nice and crisp/detailed too. Only complaint is it can be a tad hot in the treble on less well recorded material, but I knew that before getting them (Hi-Fi World review). Easily remedied with a resistor tweak across the bi-wire terminals apparently, though I honestly haven't felt the need now they're run-in well. Must admit was partly taken in by the retro looks too, as my parents used to have Denton 2s :) Prefer them to my previous speakers (Focal Aria 906).

Ta. Having issues with some of it at the moment alas, but the Wharfedales are fine. Pretty amazing the performance you can get for £500. Full bodied, nice and crisp/detailed too. Only complaint is it can be a tad hot in the treble on less well recorded material, but I knew that before getting them (Hi-Fi World review). Easily remedied with a resistor tweak across the bi-wire terminals apparently, though I honestly haven't felt the need now they're run-in well. Must admit was partly taken in by the retro looks too, as my parents used to have Denton 2s :) Prefer them to my previous speakers (Focal Aria 906).

I bought the Lintons just over a year ago and love them, the retro looks were a big factor for me to be fair and i'm more than impressed by the sound
very good VFM in my opinion

I bought the Lintons just over a year ago and love them, the retro looks were a big factor for me to be fair and i'm more than impressed by the sound
very good VFM in my opinion

They look great! I wanted those myself but just a little too big to fit comfortably into my bedroom based system. I’m sure the bass would probably have been too much as one would have been in a corner.

One of those rare bits of audio gear I’ve yet to read a bad review of! :)

Thanks a lot for the information. I got the red one to try on my P8, still evaluating it but I’m not too keen on it coming off each time I remove the LP.
If you look on the Collaro website they recommend sticking it down with three small tabs of low tack double sided sticky tape.

If you look on the Collaro website they recommend sticking it down with three small tabs of low tack double sided sticky tape.

Excellent, thanks for that. I have some double sided tape, but low tack it isn’t so I’ll have a search.

Mind you as I mentioned a little earlier, I’m finding if I remove the LP very slowly from a moving platter it mostly stays in place.

Excellent, thanks for that. I have some double sided tape, but low tack it isn’t so I’ll have a search.

Mind you as I mentioned a little earlier, I’m finding if I remove the LP very slowly from a moving platter it mostly stays in place.
If you can find them, try some of those photo hinge things that you used to stick photos into an album in the olden days before digital. Even when they lost there tack on the mat side it was enough to keep the mat on the platter on my lp12, acting like a macro Velcro attachment.

More details here: https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/04/the-audio-system-and-high-end.html

Although I still don't know who Mike Lavigne is.

"The NVS Reference rests on a Herzan TS-140 active isolation platform which recently has been modified into a Tana by Taiko Audio, a Dutch manufacturer. Taiko Audio takes a standard Herzan and improves it by out-boarding and upgrading the power supply, and by screwing a panzerholz platform to the aluminum top of the Herzan. The new outboard power supply rests on a panzerholz base."

"The NVS Reference rests on a Herzan TS-140 active isolation platform which recently has been modified into a Tana by Taiko Audio, a Dutch manufacturer. Taiko Audio takes a standard Herzan and improves it by out-boarding and upgrading the power supply, and by screwing a panzerholz platform to the aluminum top of the Herzan. The new outboard power supply rests on a panzerholz base."

Active isolation platforms? Makes sense for a high power microscope or lab measurement equipment, but for a TT? FFS!

https://www.herzan.com/products/active-vibration-control/ts-series.html

Look, you can get a pre-owned one for $7500! Stone cold bargain! *

https://www.chambersaudio.com/produ...ing_wp_cron=1621279385.3977239131927490234375

* for a lunatic!

Yebbut when the panzerholz base is outboarded to Herzan top panel, the blacks are amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back