advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Thinking over this issue, it's a difficult one for the football authorities to deal with. Punishing the club is possibly not fair - the offenders might actually be fans of other clubs etc. and could do that so Liverpool are then punished. It's really up to the Police to act and identify the offenders and for the Courts to deal with them very hard - shame them and give them a stint in Prison and then attach a rehabilitation course requirement.

I thought the scenes a few years ago outside Upton Park by "West Ham Fans" on the Manchester United team bus were equally awful to watch. I don't remember too much being done about that at the time either.

That was the final match at The Boleyn - The Man U coach turned up far too late, the consequences being that thousands were outside when the vehicle arrived (apparently the driver took a wrong turning, not for the first time so it is said).
Now I'm not condoning the behaviour of a few that were p**sed up and throwing bricks but on an unique occasion such as that and the sheer volume of people outside the ground, you would've thought that logically Man U would've taken steps to get to the ground a lot sooner than they did.

Btw Heysel and the ban on clubs cost us a place in Europe - Never got to see Cottee/McAvennie on the European stage:(

That 3 of Mbappe, Neymar and Angel Di Maria are going to be an absolute nightmare to handle and the rest know how to dig in and defend. I can't see us beating them TBH and I wouldn't be surprised if they go on and win it having got the the final last year.

I thought Stones & Dias did good job to keep Haaland quiet fairly last night. The minute he breaks free with a ball over the top then all bets are off. Hopefully him being under the radar a bit will help in trying to get him to City!

They did. Do you think he's actually coming to City?

If Neymar can actually figure out how avoid the post/cross-bar and find the net, it might be a long night for City but PSG won't like City's slow, suffocating Bao constrictor type all-game pressing. It's more effective than Bayern's version.

If Neymar can actually figure out how avoid the post/cross-bar and find the net, it might be a long night for City but PSG won't like City's slow, suffocating Bao constrictor type all-game pressing. It's more effective than Bayern's version.

The most credible idea I've seen is Haaland gets a new bumper contract at Dortmund this summer, increase the Release Clause for Summer 2022, Haaland, his Dad and Raiola get a payday this year, guaranteed sale for Dortmund next year at a higher price (currently the RC coming in 2022 is ~65m Euro I think). Win Win as there are not many clubs spending £100m+ on a player this summer (Real Madrid, City/United, PSG and possibly Chelsea).

A good 3 points for Newcastle today against West Ham. We had a good start and the Irons gave us a helping hand to go 2-0 up in the 1st half and also dropped a man with a dismissal. I was then flicking between the F1 Qualifying and the game and apparently we didn't come out for the 2nd half with the same attacking attitude and sat back. Bang, bang and it's 2-2, but thankfully, we push on and get a winner with Willock. It will be very difficult for Fulham and West Brom to survive now.

Slow?
What a berk!

Norwich up - far and away the best side in the Championship this season. It's a tricky proposition being too good at the lower level and not having the resources to be competitive at the higher...

Got to sub Fernandinho at half time, he’s a red card waiting to happen today.
And Sterling. He’s having a mare.

Got to sub Fernandinho at half time, he’s a red card waiting to happen today.
And Sterling. He’s having a mare.
Don’t worry, you’ve got Jasper Carrot on your side. Two yellow card tackles by Fernandinho, nothing. One good tackle on Fernandinho, instant yellow

Fernandinho throws a stamp on Mount’s head. Nothing.

If a player were to throw a punch at an opponent’s head, but pulled the punch, would that be an offence?

It should be.

Didn’t Diego Costa get a retrospective red card for something similar against Liverpool a few years ago?

Fernandinho throws a stamp on Mount’s head. Nothing.

If a player were to throw a punch at an opponent’s head, but pulled the punch, would that be an offence?

It should be.

Didn’t Diego Costa get a retrospective red card for something similar against Liverpool a few years ago?
Throws a stamp?

advertisement

Back